Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to get checksum of itself Post 302991335 by drl on Thursday 9th of February 2017 09:46:13 AM
Old 02-09-2017
Hi.

Perhaps use the calculated checksum as the name of the file. That way the checksum is outside the content of the file, yet is still associated with it.

Just a thought experiment.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

First time help, please - checksum script...

Hello all! I'm a recent college grad now working for a contractor. I've been tasked with writing a program/script that will verify that something was copied correctly. This is how the system is used - The user will get a distribution tape (a 4mm tape DDS3). On this tape are a bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checksum question

in HPUX: I am copying oracle datafiles from one mountpoint to another the total size is about 250Gb. I wanted to perform a checksum on the target and make sure the files came overy properly. Mountpoints: /s01 to /u01 /s02 to /u02 I tried using "SUM" on these mountpoints but its taking... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. SCO

checksum

Does anyone know the answer to this? When I run "sum -r" on a file that I've down loaded from the sco website, the 1st set of numbers differs from the checksum on the download page but the 2nd set matches. If I try to install the patch, I get errors. Anyone has an answer? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jn5519
3 Replies

4. Solaris

checksum

Anyone can tell me the different between "cksum" and "sum" command on Solaris? I read the man pages but still not get it. And how to display the md5 checksum for a file. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redstone
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the checksum

I wanted a script that can give the checksum of a particular zipped file. Can somebody help me in writing a shell script in getting the checksum of a particular tar file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and Checksum

Hi Guys, Sometimes, I have a problem with transferred files in ftp session. Thats why I want to produce checksum value in my local server and remote server. But I could not find anyway to produce checksum value of transferred files in remote server. Do you have any idea? Thanks, Emre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce_emre21
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

8. Solaris

MD5 checksum

Hi Guys, I have about MD5 checksum so many times but I can't figure out how to use it. Can someone please show me how to perform an MD5 checksum? Thanks a lot guys. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need UNIX script to check checksum and dummy file creation.

Hi Folks, I need a UNIX script which will copy files(Table wise) from source directory to destination directory (Under table directory) and also creates 2 additional files after getting copied to destination directory with extension .pdy and .ldy , . pdy file will be zero byte file should get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicks1412
4 Replies
NAME(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   NAME(3)

NAME
krb5_checksum, krb5_checksum_disable, krb5_checksum_is_collision_proof, krb5_checksum_is_keyed, krb5_checksumsize, krb5_cksumtype_valid, krb5_copy_checksum, krb5_create_checksum, krb5_crypto_get_checksum_type krb5_free_checksum, krb5_free_checksum_contents, krb5_hmac, krb5_verify_checksum -- creates, handles and verifies checksums LIBRARY
Kerberos 5 Library (libkrb5, -lkrb5) SYNOPSIS
#include <krb5.h> typedef Checksum krb5_checksum; void krb5_checksum_disable(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype type); krb5_boolean krb5_checksum_is_collision_proof(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype type); krb5_boolean krb5_checksum_is_keyed(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype type); krb5_error_code krb5_cksumtype_valid(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype ctype); krb5_error_code krb5_checksumsize(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype type, size_t *size); krb5_error_code krb5_create_checksum(krb5_context context, krb5_crypto crypto, krb5_key_usage usage, int type, void *data, size_t len, Checksum *result); krb5_error_code krb5_verify_checksum(krb5_context context, krb5_crypto crypto, krb5_key_usage usage, void *data, size_t len, Checksum *cksum); krb5_error_code krb5_crypto_get_checksum_type(krb5_context context, krb5_crypto crypto, krb5_cksumtype *type); void krb5_free_checksum(krb5_context context, krb5_checksum *cksum); void krb5_free_checksum_contents(krb5_context context, krb5_checksum *cksum); krb5_error_code krb5_hmac(krb5_context context, krb5_cksumtype cktype, const void *data, size_t len, unsigned usage, krb5_keyblock *key, Checksum *result); krb5_error_code krb5_copy_checksum(krb5_context context, const krb5_checksum *old, krb5_checksum **new); DESCRIPTION
The krb5_checksum structure holds a Kerberos checksum. There is no component inside krb5_checksum that is directly referable. The functions are used to create and verify checksums. krb5_create_checksum() creates a checksum of the specified data, and puts it in result. If crypto is NULL, usage_or_type specifies the checksum type to use; it must not be keyed. Otherwise crypto is an encryption context created by krb5_crypto_init(), and usage_or_type specifies a key-usage. krb5_verify_checksum() verifies the checksum against the provided data. krb5_checksum_is_collision_proof() returns true is the specified checksum is collision proof (that it's very unlikely that two strings has the same hash value, and that it's hard to find two strings that has the same hash). Examples of collision proof checksums are MD5, and SHA1, while CRC32 is not. krb5_checksum_is_keyed() returns true if the specified checksum type is keyed (that the hash value is a function of both the data, and a sep- arate key). Examples of keyed hash algorithms are HMAC-SHA1-DES3, and RSA-MD5-DES. The ``plain'' hash functions MD5, and SHA1 are not keyed. krb5_crypto_get_checksum_type() returns the checksum type that will be used when creating a checksum for the given crypto context. This function is useful in combination with krb5_checksumsize() when you want to know the size a checksum will use when you create it. krb5_cksumtype_valid() returns 0 or an error if the checksumtype is implemented and not currently disabled in this kerberos library. krb5_checksumsize() returns the size of the outdata of checksum function. krb5_copy_checksum() returns a copy of the checksum krb5_free_checksum() should use used to free the new checksum. krb5_free_checksum() free the checksum and the content of the checksum. krb5_free_checksum_contents() frees the content of checksum in cksum. krb5_hmac() calculates the HMAC over data (with length len) using the keyusage usage and keyblock key. Note that keyusage is not always used in checksums. krb5_checksum_disable globally disables the checksum type. SEE ALSO
krb5_crypto_init(3), krb5_c_encrypt(3), krb5_encrypt(3) HEIMDAL
August 12, 2005 HEIMDAL