Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server Post 302991302 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 8th of February 2017 06:07:41 PM
Old 02-08-2017
If you have automount running and auto_master has /net -hosts,
then you can foster the automatic mount by accessing /net/tst-walnut/test_sap_nfs
The anonymous might have to do with "root squashing" that is done by the NFS server.
A Unix NFS server changes ownership to nobody, unless its NFS export has root=hostname that allows hostname to access as root.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to mount windows Share on solaris using SAMBA

Hi All I am new for Solaris and, I have configured SAMBA on my SUN10 Network machine and it's working fine. can anyone tell me how to mount windows share on my SUN10 machine. Thanks in advance daya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can i mount nfs share on windows 2003 server

this is probably a bit dumb ...but i read somewhere that one of the nfs versions can be mounted on a windows 2003 server ..if yes ..does anyone know how this can be achieved (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to mount Windows NFS share on solaris

Hi, How can i mount an NFS share on a solaris machine a filesystem ? I have enabled nfs on a windows server and the shares has given read/write access to it to all the users. I would like to mount it on around 10 different solaris boxes with different versions of solaris. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
2 Replies

4. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

5. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX cifs: mount Windows Server 2008 share ?

Hello, I've been using AIX cifs to mount windows XP shares with no problems till now. Now it's Windows Server 2008 R2 - no go: mount -v cifs -n host1/user1/pass1 /share1 /mountpt1 There was an error connecting the share or the server. Make sure the lsdev command shows that device nsmb0 is in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Not able to mount NFS share on client side

When i tried to mount the nfs i see this error message mount -t nfs 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 /nfsmount mount: 192.168.20.194:/remote/proj1 failed, reason given by server: Permission denied and the /etc/exports file in the host side looks like this /remote/proj1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinathk
12 Replies

8. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies
nfssec(5)							File Formats Manual							 nfssec(5)

NAME
nfssec - overview of NFS security modes DESCRIPTION
The mount_nfs(1M) and share_nfs(1M) commands each provide a way to specify the security mode to be used on an NFS filesystem through the option. mode can be either or These security modes may also be added to the automount maps. Note that mount_nfs(1M) and automount(1M) do not support at this time. The option on the share_nfs(1M) command line establishes the security mode of NFS servers. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol, the NFS clients must query the server for the appropriate mode to use. If the NFS connection uses the NFS Version 2 protocol, then the NFS client uses the default security mode, which is currently NFS clients may force the use of a specific security mode by speci- fying the option on the command line. However, if the filesystem on the server is not shared with that security mode, the client may be denied access. If the NFS client wants to authenticate the NFS server using a particular (stronger) security mode, the client wants to specify the secu- rity mode to be used, even if the connection uses the NFS Version 3 protocol. This guarantees that an attacker masquerading as the server does not compromise the client. The NFS security modes are described below. Of these, the modes use the Kerberos V5 protocol for authenticating and protecting the shared filesystems. Before these can be used, the system must be configured to be part of a Kerberos realm. Use authentication. The user's UNIX user-id and group-ids are passed in the clear on the network, unauthenticated by the NFS server . This is the simplest security method and requires no additional administration. It is the default used by HP-UX NFS Version 2 clients and HP-UX NFS servers. Use a Diffie-Hellman public key system which is referred to as in the forthcoming Internet RFC). Use Kerberos V5 protocol to authenticate users before granting access to the shared filesystem. Use Kerberos V5 authentication with integrity checking (checksums) to verify that the data has not been tampered with. User Kerberos V5 authentication, integrity checksums, and privacy protection (encryption) on the shared filesystem. This provides the most secure filesystem sharing, as all traffic is encrypted. It should be noted that performance might suffer on some systems when using depending on the computational intensity of the encryption algorithm and the amount of data being transferred. Use null authentication NFS clients using have no identity and are mapped to the anonymous user by NFS servers. A client using a security mode other than the one with which an HP-UX NFS server shares the filesystem has its security mode mapped to In this case, if the filesystem is shared with users from the client are mapped to the anonymous user. WARNINGS
lists the NFS security services. Do not edit this file. It is not intended to be user-configurable. FILES
NFS security service configuration file SEE ALSO
automount(1M), mount_nfs(1M), share_nfs(1M), rpc_clnt_auth(3N), secure_rpc(3N), nfssec.conf(4). nfssec(5)