Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing perl5.14 failed
Operating Systems Linux Installing perl5.14 failed Post 302991122 by muzaffar.k on Tuesday 7th of February 2017 02:03:48 AM
Old 02-07-2017
Yes definitely I know how to use yum, and I had installed fedora then and it was very easy to install packages using yum in fedora, but in Redhat it will ask for subscription

1. May be i'll try creating local repository and try to configure yum and then install the packages.
2. I need to use RHEL 6.4 only as I need to build and automation frame work for my testing environment for that RHEL 6.4 is mandatory.

Thanks for you kind help. I will try and update in the ticket.

Cheers Smilie

Regards,
Muzaffar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one question of perl5

I'm a chinese.I want to change the number $103,456 to chinese >" Ê°ÍòÁãÈþǪËÁ°ÛÎéʰ½" user perl5! > That always talk me it have errors" >syntax error at uper line 25, near "If" >syntax error at uper line 29, near "$chg(" >Execution of uper aborted due to compilation errors." >it's seem that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ybz3721
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Authentication failed !

Hey since this morning I(nonrrot user) am not able to log into my system with my username. I am using redhat linux kernel release 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. I aslo found the folowing output for chkconfig command: # chkconfig --list|grep ldap ldap 0: off 1: off 2: off 3: off 4: off 5: off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
softwareupdate(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					 softwareupdate(8)

NAME
softwareupdate -- system software update tool SYNOPSIS
softwareupdate command [args ...] DESCRIPTION
Software Update checks for new and updated versions of your software based on information about your computer and current software. Invoke softwareupdate by specifying a command followed by zero or more args. softwareupdate requires admin authentication for all commands except --list. If you run softwareupdate as a normal admin user, you will be prompted for a password where required. Alternatively, you can run softwareupdate as root and avoid all further authentication prompts. The following commands are available: -l | --list List all available updates. -i | --install Each update specified by args is downloaded and installed. args can be one of the following: -r | --recommended All updates that are recommended for your system. These are prefixed with a * character in the --list output. -a | --all All updates that are applicable to your system, including those non-recommended ones, which are prefixed with a - character in the --list output. (Non-recommended updates are uncommon in any case.) item ... One or more specified updates. The --list output shows the item names you can specify here, prefixed by the * or - characters. See EXAMPLES. -d | --download Each update specified by args is downloaded but not installed. The values of args are the same as for the --install command. Updates downloaded with --download can be subsequently installed with --install, or through the App Store (as long as they remain applicable to your system). Updates are downloaded to /Library/Updates, but are not designed to be installed by double-clicking the packages in that directory: always use --install or the App Store to actually perform the install. --ignore identifier ... Manages the per-machine list of ignored updates. The identifier is the first part of the item name (before the dash and version number) that is shown by --list. See EXAMPLES. --reset-ignored Clears the per-machine list of ignored updates. --schedule on | off Manages the per-machine automatic (background) check preference. -h | --help Print command usage. EXAMPLES
The following examples are shown as given to the shell: softwareupdate --list Software Update Tool Copyright 2002-2012 Apple Inc. Finding available software Software Update found the following new or updated software: * MacBookAirEFIUpdate2.4-2.4 MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update (2.4), 3817K [recommended] [restart] * ProAppsQTCodecs-1.0 ProApps QuickTime codecs (1.0), 968K [recommended] * JavaForOSX-1.0 Java for OS X 2012-005 (1.0), 65288K [recommended] sudo softwareupdate --install JavaForOSX-1.0 Software Update Tool Copyright 2002-2012 Apple Inc. Finding available software Downloading Java for OS X 2012-005 Downloaded Java for OS X 2012-005 Installing Java for OS X 2012-005 Done with Java for OS X 2012-005 Done. sudo softwareupdate --ignore JavaForOSX Ignored updates: (JavaForOSX) sudo softwareupdate --schedule Automatic check is on Mac OS September 11, 2012 Mac OS