Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Simplify setter and getter of java class Post 302990963 by yifangt on Friday 3rd of February 2017 12:35:42 PM
Old 02-03-2017
Thanks colt!
I rewrote the code. Please comment on any mistake or improvement to get the "simplest" version of the code as I am still quite vague with your suggestions.
Code:
import java.util.Scanner;

public class MaximumFinder6
{
    public static class Maximum            
    {
        private double maximumValue;

public void setMaximum (double x, double y, double z)
        {
            this.maximumValue = x;

if (y > this.maximumValue)
                this.maximumValue = y;

if (z > this.maximumValue)
                this.maximumValue = z;

}  //End of setMaximum. This only set the maximumValue within the class,

public double getMaximum ()
        {
            return this.maximumValue;
        }
    } //end of maximum class

public static void main (String[] args)
    {
        Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);
        System.out.print("Enter three floating numbers separated by spaces: ");
        double num1 = input.nextDouble();
        double num2 = input.nextDouble();
        double num3 = input.nextDouble();

Maximum max = new Maximum();

max.setMaximum(num1, num2, num3);
        System.out.println(max.getMaximum());

} //end of main()
} //end of class MaximumFinder6

This version does not have the constructor with parameter I am learning.
What is the reason you said there is no need for the constructor here? Thanks!

Last edited by yifangt; 02-03-2017 at 01:45 PM.. Reason: Typo and modification

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running java class with a cron

Hello everybody, I have a problem about running a java class with a cron : I have Cron.txt file which has : 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * CronJava.txt I have CronJava.txt wihich has : cd ias/j2ee/SapAktarim/applications/SapAktarim/SapAktarim/WEB-INF/classes/;java -classpath... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: UBGandalf
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function loading in a shell scripting like class loading in java

Like class loader in java, can we make a function loader in shell script, for this can someone throw some light on how internally bash runs a shell script , what happenes in runtime ... thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpsc_sela
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

call constructor of java class in script

Hi, Is it possible to call the constructur of a java class in a shell script? I know you can call static methods, but can you also call the constructor? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thebladerunner
1 Replies

4. Fedora

Help, how to dynamicly load java class

Hi, everyone: I'm trying to connect to DB using JDBC on fedora. I have successfully installed jdk and it's ok to run common java program. The environment variables: JAVA_HOME=/installed/mycoy/jdk1.6.0 PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycoy
3 Replies

5. Programming

how abstract class differs in Java and C++?

hello all, i want to know if there is any difference in working and syntax declaration of abstract class in Java and C++. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haravivar
1 Replies

6. Programming

Help in JAVA main and class

Is anyone know how to write a class in separate file? While method does it needs to be contained in a printwriter class? Can I have the format of the printwriter class as a reference? Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eel
1 Replies

7. Programming

Link array to class java

Hi, I need help to Link array from one class to another class Firstly CSVParser Class what it did is load csv file and store into array Secondly WarehouseItem where each record is store How can I get a list of array that I load to CSVParser Class and store them to WarehouseItem and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidely
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

setter and getter functions for file manipulation with sed

Hi, I would really appreciate some help, I couldn't nail my problem: I would like to create some setter and getter functions to make my life easier. my sample file contains: keyword - some tabs - value - semicolon number 12.1; float .3; double 12; real 12.2324; stuff .234; decimal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toorop
5 Replies

9. Programming

Java Date Class

I am looking at a website to learn Java and this is one of the exercises. Write a program that will show different time and date information based on what number you send it. The codes are: 0 - number of milliseconds since January 1, 1970 1 - number of seconds since January 1, 1970 2 -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: totoro125
6 Replies
rmiregistry(1)						      General Commands Manual						    rmiregistry(1)

NAME
rmiregistry - Java remote object registry SYNOPSIS
rmiregistry [ port ] DESCRIPTION
The rmiregistry command creates and starts a remote object registry on the specified port on the current host. If port number is omitted, the registry is started on port 1099. The rmiregistry command produces no output and is typically run in the background. For example: example% rmiregistry & A remote object registry is a bootstrap naming service that is used by RMI servers on a host to bind remote objects to names. Clients can then look up remote objects and make remote method invocations. The registry is typically used to locate the first remote object on which an application needs to invoke methods. That object in turn pro- vides application-specific support for finding other objects. The methods of the java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry class are used to get a registry operating on a particular host or host and port. The URL-based methods of the java.rmi.Naming class operate on a registry and can be used to look up a remote object, bind a simple (string) name to a remote object, rebind a new name to a remote object (overriding the old binding), unbind a remote object, and list the URLs bound in the registry. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -Joption Used in conjunction with any java option, this option passes option (no spaces between -J and option) on to the java inter- preter. SEE ALSO
See (or search java.sun.com) for the following: java.rmi.Naming @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/Naming.html java.rmi.registry.LocateRegistry @ http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5/docs/api/java/rmi/registry/LocateRegistry.html 23 Apr 2001 rmiregistry(1)