Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk permutations and combinations Post 302990860 by RudiC on Wednesday 1st of February 2017 05:43:24 PM
Old 02-01-2017
Sure? man gawk:
Quote:
Since functions were not originally part of the AWK language, the provision for local variables is rather clumsy: They are declared as extra parameters in the parameter list.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk execution with more combinations..

The requirement is to extract 9 fields randomly from a 13 field CSV file to make another CSV file. While doing that, the field 7 and 8 of input csv file should comeout as field 7 of output with the value as first charecters of both 7 and 8 fields of input file(CSV file). Presently I am using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mitte_dino
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Combinations

Hello All, i have two files, one of the format A 123 B 124 C 234 D 345 And the other A 678 B 789 C 689 D 567 I would like to combine them into one file with three columns: A 123 678 B 124 789 C 234 689 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all combinations : Awk

$ cat key.txt #ID1 Start 1|AA1 2|AA2 3|AA3 4|AA4 #ID1 Complete #ID2 Start 1|BB1 2|BB2 3|BB3 #ID2 Complete I was required this output: AA1|BB1 AA1|BB2 AA1|BB3 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combinations / Permutations

Hello Scrutinizer / Group , The shell script of awk that Scrutinizer made calculate all possible permutations in this case 3125 (5 numbers) but i want to have only the 126 possible combination. For now it does not matter the specific order of the combination numbers. I would appreciate it you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csierra
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- print combinations for 2 cols

Dear all, could you please help me with awk please? I have such input: Input: a d b e c f The number of lines is unknown before reading the file. I need to print possible combination between the two columns like this: Output: a d b d c d a e b e c e a f (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irrevocabile
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

All possible combinations

Hi, I have an input file like this a b c d I want to print all possible combinations between these records in the following way aVSb aVSc aVSd bVSc bVSd cVSd VS indicates versus. All thoughts are appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating all possible bi-combinations of a list with grep/awk

I have a 1-column file such as the example below: flower cat dog pizza car book I want to create a second column in which all possible 2-item combinations of column one are outputted in 2 tab-separated columns, such as: flower flower cat flower dog flower pizza ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generating all possible combinations of values in field 1 (awk)

Input: A|1 B|2 C|3 D|4 Output: A+B|3 A+C|4 A+D|5 B+C|5 B+D|6 C+D|7 A+B+C|6 A+B+D|7 A+C+D|8 B+C+D|9 A+B+C+D|10 I only managed to get the output for pairs of $1 values (i.e. combination of length 2): (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permutations with awk

Hello I have a very simple input file in which there are a list of numbers: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 My actual dataset is about 200 lines long. I was wondering how to add different permutations of 3 numbers for all the numbers in the dataset. For example: 1+2+3; 3+5+7; 2+8+1; 9+3+4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rabu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - function to return permutations of n items out of m

Hi, I'm trying to write an awk function that returns all possible permutations of n items chosen in a list of m items. For example, given the input "a,b,c,d,e" and 3, the function should return the following : a a a a a b a a c a b a a b b ... c a a c a b ... e e c e e d e e e (125... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjnwl
21 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)