Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing perl5.14 failed
Operating Systems Linux Installing perl5.14 failed Post 302990683 by Don Cragun on Monday 30th of January 2017 05:47:57 PM
Old 01-30-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim mcnamara
Please post the output of the following commands, exactly as displayed, running as the root user:

Code:
echo $"PATH"
which gcc
which cc 
alias | grep cc

cc is UNIX speak for the C compiler, and some software expects it to point to a real compiler. Unless you have a very tiny Linux install like ARM, there is probably a C compiler somewhere in the /usr/bin directory.
I think Jim meant to ask for the output from the command:
Code:
echo "$PATH"

instead of:
Code:
echo $"PATH"

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one question of perl5

I'm a chinese.I want to change the number $103,456 to chinese >" Ê°ÍòÁãÈþǪËÁ°ÛÎéʰ½" user perl5! > That always talk me it have errors" >syntax error at uper line 25, near "If" >syntax error at uper line 29, near "$chg(" >Execution of uper aborted due to compilation errors." >it's seem that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ybz3721
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Authentication failed !

Hey since this morning I(nonrrot user) am not able to log into my system with my username. I am using redhat linux kernel release 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. I aslo found the folowing output for chkconfig command: # chkconfig --list|grep ldap ldap 0: off 1: off 2: off 3: off 4: off 5: off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)