Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to split large file with different record delimiter? Post 302990605 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 29th of January 2017 06:08:43 AM
Old 01-29-2017
Could you post a sample of your input file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split A Large File

Hi, I have a large file(csv format) that I need to split into 2 files. The file looks something like Original_file.txt first name, family name, address a, b, c, d, e, f, and so on for over 100,00 lines I need to create two files from this one file. The condition is i need to ensure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbvcxzdz
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivot variable record length file and change delimiter

Hi experts. I got a file (500mb max) and need to pivot it (loading into ORCL) and change BLANK delimiter to PIPE |. Sometimes there are multipel BLANKS (as a particular value may be BLANK, or simply two BLANKS instead of one BLANK). thanks for your input! Cheers, Layout... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasr
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split Large File

HI, i've to split a large file which inputs seems like : Input file name_file.txt 00001|AAAA|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00001|AAAA|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00002|BBBB|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00002|BBBB|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|....... 00003|CCCC|MAIL|DATEOFBIRTHT|.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AMARA
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

split record based on delimiter

Hi, My inputfile contains field separaer is ^. 12^inms^ 13^fakdks^ssk^s3 23^avsd^ 13^fakdks^ssk^a4 I wanted to print only 2 delimiter occurence i.e 12^inms^ 23^avsd^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete 1 record in large file!

Hi All, I'm a newbie here, I'm just wondering on how to delete a single record in a large file in unix. ex. file1.txt is 1000 records nikki1 nikki2 nikki3 what i want to do is delete the nikki2 record in file1.txt. is it possible? Please advise, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikki1200
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file by delimiter with csplit

Hello, I want to split a big file into smaller ones with certain "counts". I am aware this type of job has been asked quite often, but I posted again when I came to csplit, which may be simpler to solve the problem. Input file (fasta format): >seq1 agtcagtc agtcagtc ag >seq2 agtcagtcagtc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files using delimiter

Hi, I have a file which has many URLs delimited by space. Now i want them to move to separate files each one holding 10 URLs per file. http://3276.e-printphoto.co.uk/guardian http://abdera.apache.org/ http://abdera.apache.org/docs/api/index.html I have used the below code to arrange... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a large file in n records and skip a particular record

Hello All, I have a large file, more than 50,000 lines, and I want to split it in even 5000 records. Which I can do using sed '1d;$d;' <filename> | awk 'NR%5000==1{x="F"++i;}{print > x}'Now I need to add one more condition that is not to break the file at 5000th record if the 5000th record... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibmtech
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to target certain delimiter to split text file?

Hi, all. I have an input file. I would like to generate 3 types of output files. Input: LG10_PM_map_19_LEnd_1000560 LG10_PM_map_6-1_27101856 LG10_PM_map_71_REnd_20597718 LG12_PM_map_5_chr_118419232 LG13_PM_map_121_24341052 LG14_PM_1a_456799 LG1_MM_scf_5a_opt_abc_9029993 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: huiyee1
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check record delimiter of a file ?

My requirment is for every record of a particular file I've to check for a record delimeter (e.g. "\n") and if any row doesn't have "\n" then report it in error file . Please suggest me to go through this. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manab86
4 Replies
OPIMPORT(1)						      General Commands Manual						       OPIMPORT(1)

NAME
opimport - converts sample database files SYNOPSIS
opimport [ options ] input_file DESCRIPTION
opimport converts sample database files from a foreign binary format (abi) to the native format. OPTIONS
--abi / -a Input abi file description location. --force / -f Force conversion even if the input and output abi are identical. --output / -o filename Specify the output filename. If the output file already exists it is not overwritten but data are accumulated in. Sample filename are informative for post profile tools and must be kept identical, in other word the pathname from the first path component contain- ing a '{' must be kept as it in the output filename. --help / -? / --usage Show help message. --verbose / -V Give verbose debugging output. --version / -v Show version. ENVIRONMENT
No special environment variables are recognised by opimport FILES
/var/lib/oprofile/abi The abi file description of the sample database files VERSION
This man page is current for oprofile-0.9.9. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/oprofile/, oprofile(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution Tue 10 June 2014 OPIMPORT(1)