Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications UNIX equivalent of windows terminal server options? Post 302990531 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of January 2017 03:05:57 PM
Old 01-27-2017
Running a security agent? You need to be able to peek on all these sessions, then?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Equivalent of Windows NT Diagnostic (Winmsd) report

Hi Guys, Is there a way I can generate a Diagnostic Report for Unix app server/database server (for sun solaris and aix) similar to the system diagnostic report in Windows NT(winmsd). Basically I am looking for the following details below in a single comprehensive report. If there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reproducing windows terminal server

I'm brand spankin new to unix. What software would or could I use to reproduce what windows terminal server and citrix metaframe accomplish? To explain that, how do I create a server-based graphical desktop that can be accessed from a dumb terminal? Specificity is appreciated because I'm clueless... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradoyler
2 Replies

3. Programming

unix equivalent for windows APIs..........................

Hi, Is there any unix equivalents available for the folllowing windows function ? FindFirstFile FindNextFile etc..... Or do i have to write an equivalent api?? Can anybody help me to do the same?? thanks in advance Ani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing windows server alias name on windows or unix?

My situation is that we have production unix scripts that ftp files over to a windows server. I'm not sure if its a 2000 or 2003 server as I dont work on server, more on the unix side. It turns out that they are changing servers on the network. So they are migrating our data over from say Server 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows command shell equivalent in Unix

In Windows we use cmd.exe \c as the command SHell What is its equivalent in UNIX ? Thanx for all your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: simonsimon
10 Replies

6. Linux

Unix Equivalent Windows Variable

Hi, I've set my Unix User Profile Variables as follows.. export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 I want to set the same codepages in my Windows Vista Environment.. How can i do that..? Whether the variable names remain same ..? Please help Regards, Vikram... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
1 Replies

7. Solaris

how to connect a PC terminal to UNIX server?

Hi everyone, I am new to Unix and looking for help here. we have four terminals connected to our solaris server (x86 based). the server got an interface card which provide serial port and video port for all chained terminals in a serial way. All these clients have no IP and they all display... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheong
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix shell script to Copy files from one Windows server to another Windows server.

Can anybody please help me on how to code for the below requirement: I need to write a shell script (on different unix server) to copy files from multiple folders (ex. BRN-000001) from one windows server (\\boldls-mwe-dev4)to a different windows server(\\rrwin-ewhd04.ecomad.int). This shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravsJaya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Unix terminal in windows

Hi, How to get unix look and feel in windows environment where i can execute basic commands like date and complex usage like awk, sed etc and not much storage space is needed. Is there any software that i can install to use the same? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies
XFINDPROXY(1)						      General Commands Manual						     XFINDPROXY(1)

NAME
xfindproxy - locate proxy services SYNOPSIS
xfindproxy -manager managerAddr -name serviceName -server serverAddr [-auth] [-host hostAddr] [-options opts] DESCRIPTION
xfindproxy is a program used to locate available proxy services. It utilizes the Proxy Management Protocol to communicate with a proxy manager. The proxy manager keeps track of all available proxy services, starts new proxies when necessary, and makes sure that proxies are shared whenever possible. The -manager argument is required, and it specifies the network address of the proxy manager. The format of the address is a standard ICE network id (for example, "tcp/blah.x.org:6500"). The -name argument is required, and it specifies the name of the desired proxy service (for example, "LBX"). The name is case insensitive. The -server argument is also required, and it specifies the address of the target server. The format of the address is specific to the proxy service specified with the -name argument. For example, for a proxy service of "LBX", the address would be an X display address (e.g, "blah.x.org:0"). The -auth argument is optional. If specified, xfindproxy will read 2 lines from standard input. The first line is an authoriza- tion/authentication name. The second line is the authorization/authentication data in hex format (the same format used by xauth). xfind- proxy will pass this auth data to the proxy, and in most cases, will be used by the proxy to authorize/authenticate itself to the target server. The -host argument is optional. If xfindproxy starts a new proxy service, it will pass the host specified. The proxy may choose to restrict all connections to this host. In the event that xfindproxy locates an already existing proxy, the host will be passed, but the semantics of how the proxy uses this host are undefined. The -options argument is optional. If xfindproxy starts a new proxy service, it will pass any options specified. The semantics of the options are specific to each proxy server and are not defined here. In the event that xfindproxy locates an already existing proxy, the options will be passed, but the semantics of how the proxy uses these options are undefined. If xfindproxy is successful in obtaining a proxy address, it will print it to stdout. The format of the proxy address is specific to the proxy service being used. For example, for a proxy service of "LBX", the proxy address would be the X display address of the proxy (e.g, "blah.x.org:63"). If xfindproxy is unsuccessful in obtaining a proxy address, it will print an error to stderr. SEE ALSO
proxymngr (1), Proxy Management Protocol spec V1.0 AUTHOR
Ralph Mor, X Consortium X Version 11 Release 6.6 XFINDPROXY(1)