Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sqlplus code format
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Sqlplus code format Post 302990381 by mohca2020 on Wednesday 25th of January 2017 03:32:44 PM
Old 01-25-2017
Question 1: So I guess when the connection fails, there will be some error messages which will make
Code:
if [ $? -eq 0 ]

evaluate to false, correct? But if there are error messages or any output from
Code:
grep -q "Connected to:" > /dev/null

it will already be directed to /dev/null so how will
Code:
if [ $? -eq 0 ]

ever evaluate to false if the output is always directed to /dev/null?

Q2: for
Code:
echo "exit" | sqlplus ....

where does the "exit" go or how is it used?

Here is the function code:

Code:
db_statuscheck() {
echo "`date` :Checking DB connectivity...";
echo "`date` :Trying to connect "${DB_UserName}"/"${DB_Password}"@"${DB_SID}" ..."
# Quiet; do not write anything to standard output. Exit immediately with zero status if any match is found, even if an error was detected.
echo "exit" | sqlplus "${DB_UserName}/${DB_Password}@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=${DB_HostName})(PORT=${DB_Port})))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=${DB_SID})))" | grep -q "Connected to:" > /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
DB_STATUS="UP"
export DB_STATUS
echo "`date` :Status: ${DB_STATUS}. Able to Connect..."
else
DB_STATUS="DOWN"
export DB_STATUS
echo "`date` :Status: DOWN . Not able to Connect."
echo "`date` :Not able to connect to database with Username: "${DB_UserName}" Password: "${DB_Password}" DB HostName: "${DB_HostName}" DB Port: "${DB_Port}" SID: "${DB_SID}"."
echo "`date` :Exiting Script Run..."
exit
fi
}

Again, thank you for your time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how i prepare a c++ code(c code) for implementing my own protocol format

helo my protocol format is given below { destno,mode,no.of packet,pktsize,,pktno,textsize,CRC} description:- { is starting flag destno - 4bytes mode - 1 byte no.of pkt - 4byes pktsize - 6 bytes ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Format issue: Output of sqlplus

Hi, I am using a query like below in my shell script : { { echo "set echo off" echo "set head off" echo "whenever sqlerror exit -1; select NUMBER ||','|| FNAME ||','|| LOC ||','|| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

code to FTP the spool file from Sqlplus to the unix server.

I have a sqlplus report and inside that report I have the following piece of code to mail the report output to the email id. My requirement is, instead of emailing the output I want to FTP that script to a different unix server (say ip as 10.10.1.1). How to modify this code to FTP the spool file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vprevin
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output from sqlplus while writing to log file.

Hi I have developed bash script to connect to database and execute .sql files. I am logging some statements in to log file using echo. While logging I am adding the date in front of the log statements which makes sense. I am unable to add date in front of output from the sqlplus and sqlldr,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
8 Replies

5. Programming

Basic perl code- Date format

Hi friends, Please see the below code carefully. ======================================================= # Get batch date and Ord range open OR,$ARGV; while (<OR>) { # find the batch date next if length $_ < 3; # BLANK LINE # last if $. > 120; # sample should be good enough... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need code for date which is in yyyy-mm-dd format

Hi, I am having one log files. contains som data according to date. And it is going to append .Eg:abc.log contains below data 2011-10-19 abjhgj 2011-10-19 gjhgjgj 2011-10-20 hhhjh 2011-10-20 hhhhjj 2011-10-21 gg . . . 2011-11-24 yyy from log files i want catch only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl code-sequence of json format

Hi All , Below is the perl code. from below code want to confirm one thing that wahtever the sequence of data we are passing through json format which contains 3 tuples of different sequences Eg: ParentID,SystemID,SendingTime,Time,ClientLocation,ClientID, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script passing parameters to sqlplus code

Hello All, I am interested in finding out a way to pass parameters that are entered at the prompt from HP unix and passed to SQLPlus code with a Shell Script. Is this possible? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: compprog11
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql

On psql select titolo,lingua from titolo where titolo ~* 'brivid'; titolo | lingua ------- + ------ Brivido | 1 On Sqlplus/gqsql SQL> select titolo,genere,anno,lingua from titolo where titolo like '%rivid%'; TITOLO... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus error - sqlplus -s <login/password@dbname> : No such file or directory

i am using bash shell Whenever i declare an array, and then using sqlplus, i am getting sqlplus error and return code 127. IFS="," declare -a Arr=($Variable1); SQLPLUS=sqlplus -s "${DBUSER}"/"${DBPASS}"@"${DBASE} echo "set head off ; " > ${SQLCMD} echo "set PAGESIZE 0 ;" >> ${SQLCMD}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)