Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to Monitor Tomcat App Server? Post 302990367 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of January 2017 11:19:40 AM
Old 01-25-2017
How to test whether a running daemon is capable of responding to queries, without actually making a query? That's a catch-22.

"Hung" isn't a state like sleep or running. It's the ability of the software itself to respond.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart the tomcat server

hi, I need a command that restart the tomcat server. for example for restart the tomcat i am using following command, /etc/init.d/tomcat restart ..but sometimes is not working...might be i want to use java code access this peace of script. like using the grep and ps commands can i use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

can I use tomcat server for my chatting application?

Hello, I have a socket programming code to do chatting(both server and client). But this is limited to a single machines with multi users. But my target is to perform chat operation on multiple IP addresses in a given LAN in college. Can you please tell me if I can use TOMCAT as my server to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the difference between http & Tomcat web server

I do not know the difference between the apache-http and the apche-Tomcat.Is they are differentiated on their version or on their features.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble getting consistent PID of tomcat server from ps

Hello all, I am working on a script to automate the process of restarting some tomcat servers. The versions of tomcat are pretty old and it often happens that they don't shut down gracefully and the PID needs to be manually killed. I am having a bear of a time getting a consistent PID from ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All, I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need a little help in running jsp pages(Tomcat server).

Hi, I have installed following software on my linux machine. Is there anything else required to run jsp pages on linux machine? Please Help Here are some details that might be helpful. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script monitor website wth default tomcat script

Hi all, on our application server we have the following script that monitor the status of the website, my problem here is that i have edite the retries from 3 to 5, and the timewait to 120 second, so the script should check 5 times every 2 minutes, and if the fifth check fails it must restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building an apache-tomcat server

Hi, I have been assigned a task to build a server with these requirements : > has multiple tomcats running under the same apache. > tomcat & jdk has to be binded with apache. > latest openssl with all necesarry "mod" to bind with apache & tomcat. I am fairly new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
asmigrate(1m)						    Application Server Utility						     asmigrate(1m)

NAME
asmigrate - automates migration of J2EE applications from other J2EE platforms to Sun Java System Application Server SYNOPSIS
asmigrate [-h | --help] [-v | --version] [(-c |--commandline) | (-u --ui) ] [-q | --quiet] [-d | --debug][-s | --sourcedirectory source_directory] [-S | --sourceserver source_application_server] [-t | --targetdirectory target_directory] [-T | --targetserver tar- get_application_server] [-n | --scan-native-apis-only ] [-p | --scan-packages package_list] [-j | --java2db create-tables=true, drop- tables=true, db-vendor-name=dbVendorName] [-m | --migrate-cmp comment-pk-modifiers=true, overwrite-conflicting-accessors=true] [-f | --file-filter all-files=true, html-files=true, java-files=true, jsp-files=true, xml-files=true, archive-files=true] [-a | --append-logs ][operands] Use the asmigrate utility to analyze your J2EE application and translate vendor specific settings to Sun JavaTMTM System Application Server specific settings making the application deployable on Sun's J2EE products. The following table identifies the supported J2EE product migrations: +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ | Source J2EE Platform | Destination J2EE Platform | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebSphere Application |Sun ONE Application Server 6.5 | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |WebLogic Application | | |Server 5.1 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebLogic Application |Sun ONE Application Server 7 | |Server 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 | | | | | |WebSphere Application | | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |JavaTMTM 2 Platform | | |Enterprise Edition 1.3 | | | | | |Sun ONE Application | | |Server 6.x | | | | | |Sun ONE Web Server 6.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.0 | | | | | |Tomcat Web Server 4.1.12 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebLogic Application |JavaTMTM 2 Platform, Enterprise | |Server 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 |Edition 1.4 Application Server | | | | |WebSphere Application | | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |JavaTMTM 2 Platform | | |Enterprise Edition | | |1.3/1.4 | | | | | |Sun ONE Application | | |Server 6.x | | | | | |Sun ONE Web Server 6.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.0 | | | | | |Tomcat Web Server 4.1.12 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ |WebLogic Application |Sun JavaTMTM System Application | |Server 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 |Server Platform Edition 8 | | | | |WebSphere Application | | |Server 4.0 | | | | | |JavTMTMa 2 Platform | | |Enterprise Edition | | |1.3/1.4 | | | | | |Sun ONE Application | | |Server 6.x | | | | | |Sun ONE Web Server 6.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.0 | | | | | |JBoss Application Server | | |3.2 | | | | | |Tomcat Web Server 4.1.12 | | +--------------------------+--------------------------------+ OPTIONS
-h --help displays the arguments for launching the MigrationTool. -v --version displays the version of the MigrationTool. -u --ui invokes the tool in user interface mode. -c --commandline invokes the tool in command-line mode. -q --quiet launches the tool in quiet mode. -d --debug launches the tool in debug mode. -s --sourcedirectory identifes the directory where the source code to migrate or scan is present. -S --sourceserver identifes the source application server of the applications to be migrated. Possible servers include: o wl51: WebLogic Application Server 5.1 o wl60: WebLogic Application Server 6.0 o wl61: WebLogic Application Server 6.1 o as65: Sun ONE Application Server 6.5 o as70: Sun ONE Application Server 7.0 o ws40: WebSphere Application Server 4.0 o ri13: JavaTMTM 2 Platform Enterprise Edition 1.3 o ri14: JavaTMTM 2 Platform Enterprise Edition 1.3 o s1ws: Sun ONE Web Server o jb30: JBoss Application Server 3.0 o tc41: Tomcat Application Server 4.1 -t --targetdirectory target or output directory where the migrated application should be placed. -T --targetserver target application server to which the application is to be migrated. -n --scan-native-apis-onlscans the source code only for the presence of application server specific proprietary APIs. -p --scan-packages comma-separated list of Java packages to scan. -j --java2db bypasses the creation of the sun-cmp-mapping.xml file. Instead, introduces the option argument into the sun-ejb- jar.xml file. Option arguments are: o create-tables: if set to true (default), creates tables at deploy. If set to false tables are not created. o drop-tables: if set to true (default), tables are dropped at undeploy. If set to false tables are not dropped. o db-vendor-name: name of the database vendor for the application to be migrated. Supported vendor names include: Oracle, Sybase, DB2, Generic SQL92, PointBase, MSSQL. -m --migrate-cmp migrates 1.1 compliant CMPs, if any, to 2.0. Option arguments are: o overwrite-conflicting-accessors: if set to true (default), conflicting accessors are overwritten. If set to false, conflicting accessors are not overwritten. o comment-pk-modifiers: if set to true (default), setters of primary key are commented. If set to false, setters of primary key are not commented. -f --file-filter selects the type of files to migrate. Option arguments are: o all-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates all types of files. o html-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates HTML files. o java-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates Java files. o jsp-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates JSP type files. o archive-files: if specified and set to true (default), migrates jar/ear/war/rar file types. -a --append-logs if specified, appends the logging to the existing or previous logs without overwriting them. If not specified, previous logs are overwritten. operands identifes the archive file (jar/ear/war/rar) to be migrated. SEE ALSO
asupgrade(1M) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asmigrate(1m)