Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script appending data after comma Post 302990157 by venkitesh on Monday 23rd of January 2017 07:03:24 AM
Old 01-23-2017
Bash script appending data after comma

Hi ,

i have a file say test with following contents.

Code:
[groups]

test_read =  apple,orange
write = grapes,mango

i need to add raspberry on all the fields under groups section like this.

Code:
[groups]

test_read =  apple,orange,raspberry
write = grapes,mango,raspberry

Kindly help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help on appending data to existing data

I need to know how to record the hostname, date/time and all of the process and send it all to one file. I know that the commands I need are hostname, date and ps but I don't know how to do them all and send them all to the same file. Please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: precious51980
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH

Hi, Could anyone help me in changing a tabular format output to comma seperated file pls in K-sh. Its very urgent. E.g : username empid ------------------------ sri 123 to username,empid sri,123 Thanks, Hema:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending data to file

Hi. I wrote a very simple script and it doesn't work :( It is supposed to go to a certain directory, execute some command and append the output to the file "expo.dat" what it does is that it writes to the file only one entery. I dont know if Im using the write synthax for "append". Here is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Enigma08
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending data into a variable

Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to append data into a variable, rather than into a file. Although I can write information into a temporary file in /tmp, I'd rather if possible write into a variable, as I don't like the idea that should my script fail, I'll be polluting the server with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaeltravisuk
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending previous data.

I have on file abc.txt abc.txt: 20090807 Now I want to delete empty lines which has tap/whit spaces from abc.txt .and store the date value in the file into variable.some processs will update the this file with some date . if the process updtes thiis file with empty string , write the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pull Data After Comma if 2 word before comma

Hi, I am trying to truncate word after comma in a file ONLY if there are already 2 words BEFORE comma. If there is one word or 3 or more words BEFORE comma, then I have to leave the data AS IS. See below for example. Input File : John Smith, Manager Smith, John Frank J F K... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msalam65
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separating list of input files (*.file) with a comma in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to get a bash script working for a program (bowtie) which takes a list of input files (*.fastq) and assembles them to an output file (outfile.sam). All the .fastq files are in one folder in my home directory (~/infiles). The problem is that the 'bowtie' requires that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending data from similar files

I am familiar with scripting, but I am trying to see if there is an easy way to append files from similar files into one file. For example, if there is file1_20121201, file1_20121202, file1_20121203, file2_20121201, file2_20121202, file2_20121203 I want to be able to combine all the data from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrbean1975
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

appending a command to print a file in a comma delimited format

Hi everyone, i have a file that I had grep'd from something else lets call it file1.txt which consists variable files and lines due to different scenarios/inputs 1782 9182 fe35 ac67 how can I print this in this manner? 1782,9182,fe35,ac67 also if i had piped the new output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigy06
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with data appending to a file

Hi I have a file called text.txt contains x y z when i run a command i will get output like below x 20 z 30 i want to insert x, z value in text.txt file and should be like this x 20 y 0 z 30 can anyone help me please? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
1 Replies
YAML::Node(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     YAML::Node(3)

NAME
YAML::Node - A generic data node that encapsulates YAML information SYNOPSIS
use YAML; use YAML::Node; my $ynode = YAML::Node->new({}, 'ingerson.com/fruit'); %$ynode = qw(orange orange apple red grape green); print Dump $ynode; yields: --- !ingerson.com/fruit orange: orange apple: red grape: green DESCRIPTION
A generic node in YAML is similar to a plain hash, array, or scalar node in Perl except that it must also keep track of its type. The type is a URI called the YAML type tag. YAML::Node is a class for generating and manipulating these containers. A YAML node (or ynode) is a tied hash, array or scalar. In most ways it behaves just like the plain thing. But you can assign and retrieve and YAML type tag URI to it. For the hash flavor, you can also assign the order that the keys will be retrieved in. By default a ynode will offer its keys in the same order that they were assigned. YAML::Node has a class method call new() that will return a ynode. You pass it a regular node and an optional type tag. After that you can use it like a normal Perl node, but when you YAML::Dump it, the magical properties will be honored. This is how you can control the sort order of hash keys during a YAML serialization. By default, YAML sorts keys alphabetically. But notice in the above example that the keys were Dumped in the same order they were assigned. YAML::Node exports a function called ynode(). This function returns the tied object so that you can call special methods on it like ->keys(). keys() works like this: use YAML; use YAML::Node; %$node = qw(orange orange apple red grape green); $ynode = YAML::Node->new($node); ynode($ynode)->keys(['grape', 'apple']); print Dump $ynode; produces: --- grape: green apple: red It tells the ynode which keys and what order to use. ynodes will play a very important role in how programs use YAML. They are the foundation of how a Perl class can marshall the Loading and Dumping of its objects. The upcoming versions of YAML.pm will have much more information on this. AUTHOR
Ingy dA~Xt Net <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006. Ingy dA~Xt Net. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2002. Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.12.1 2010-01-03 YAML::Node(3)