Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installer is shell script not working Post 302990079 by vbe on Saturday 21st of January 2017 11:01:27 AM
Old 01-21-2017
next would be to see if it is running... and not aborted without trace

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script is not working...

Hi All, I have oracle 9i and 10g on unix. now i have 920.env and 1020.en file to set p respective enviornment. when I excecute this commnad . $HOME/920.env from the shell prompt it is working fine. and also same for 1020.env . Now same command . $HOME/920.env i am putting in shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script is not working..

Dear all, I am writing simple shell script. #/bin/bash ORACLE_HOME=/home/app/oracle/product/9.2.0 export ORACLE_HOME export ORACLE_SID=DATX $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -s datadmin/password <<EOF execute testproc; exit; EOF ~ ~ In the above shell script, the oracle instance name is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Installer GUI

Hey guys, I just can't seem to find any hints on this topic (or maybe I just don't find the correct search terms to use :rolleyes: ). My company developed an application which requires harsh configuration to run it on a server. So I wrote a LOT of shell scripts which take care of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fatfingerjoe
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell Script working

i wrote a shell program in Home Directory. and i changed to other directory. i want to try to execute shell script in Other Dir. it is not executed. how can i make this script to execute in other directory also?? Thanks, Arun (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Shell script not working accordingly

loop=y while do clear tput cup 5 15 echo -n "People Database" echo -n "====================================" tput cup 8 12 echo -n "L-Print Last Names" tput cup 9 12 echo -n "F-Print First NAmes" tput cup 10 12 echo -n "C-Print First Name, Last Name sorted by city" tput cup 11 12... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akhilaprabhakar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script not working

. /home/bscs6/.kshrc set -x monthy=`date +%m` daty=`date +%d` yeary=`date +%Y` cd /home/bscs6/scripts sqlplus sysadm/sysadm@SEGODI @lms_profile.sql mv /home/bscs6/scripts/lmsprofile.log /home/bscs6/scripts/LMS_PROFILE_DUMP_$daty$monthy$yeary.txt gives me the error below: LMS_PROFILE.sh:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malefho
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script help: not working as I like

Student just starting to learn shell script I have file named smallFile John:Doe:ECE:3.54:doe@jd.home.org:111.222.3333 James:Davis:ECE:3.71:davis@jd.work.org:111.222.1111 Al:Davis:CS:2.63:davis@a.lakers.org:111.222.2222 Ahmad:Rashid:MBA:3.74:ahmad@mba.org:111.222.4444... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetoutant
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)