Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Identifying cron jobs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Identifying cron jobs Post 302989202 by vgersh99 on Monday 9th of January 2017 07:04:52 PM
Old 01-09-2017
I usually do this in ksh:
Code:
if [ -t 0 ] ; then
   inputTERM=1
fi;

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRON Jobs

Hi, I am a total newbie to all things Unix. I've worked out I need to set up something that will allow me to automatically backup a DB for me, the DB is for a foum system I run. Now, I've only found out I need to use telnet for this, and worked out hwo to log into telnet today. From here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eludlow
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs

I need to monitor my cron jobs with another unix machine since occasionally the cron will go down on the main server but there are no errors. Can anyone help with a script to write to use the cron on the back up machine to monitor the main server? I am using SCO and the cron jobs have been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarral
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Cron Jobs

I'm trying to run cron jobs to start any inhibited processes after a system reboot. I can schedule th cron, but i'm confused as to how to incorporated the reboot, since reboot is scheduled at different times, once every month. How can I write this to start every 15 min after after a reboot ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

4. Linux

cron jobs

I created a php script. I'd like to have it run as a cron job every day at 10:30am. So i added 30 10 * * * /script.php to the cron file Is it possible to run the script on the command line to test it out ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs...

I need to start a job every friday night at 8:00 P.M , it runs all the day on Sat and Sun....can somebody tell me how to do this...I understand crontab...but haven't used it.........can u write some steps.....how to create a file and call.....I honestly dont know? Plz help.Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron jobs

Hi, We have a group of hosts using which the cron jobs are submitted... Few days ago i had submitted a cron job in of these hosts, but unfortunately forgot the host name :( Can anyone please help me out in finding this host name from which the cron s submitting the job, i dont want the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavanisree
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cron jobs

Hi Frenz, How do we get a cron job running in background to foreground ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkalase
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Cron jobs

I'm running cronjobs on a redhat 5.X. Cronjobs are getting failed frequently so how to find the root cause (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Identifying child jobs in autosys recursively.

I have been working on to neatly present the job dependency lineage in autosys through ksh/perl and I am having trouble in recursively finding the dependency. it will be great if anyone could share their thoughts on this.? I know that job_depends in autosys will help me give first level of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vhunt
0 Replies
shell_builtins(1)														 shell_builtins(1)

NAME
shell_builtins, case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, while - shell command interpreter built-in commands The shell command interpreters csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1) have special built-in commands. The commands case, for, foreach, function, if, repeat, select, switch, until, and while are commands in the syntax recognized by the shells. They are described in the Commands section of the manual pages of the respective shells. The remaining commands listed in the table below are built into the shells for reasons such as efficiency or data sharing between command invocations. They are described on their respective manual pages. | Command | Shell alias |csh, ksh bg |csh, ksh, sh break |csh, ksh, sh case |csh, ksh, sh cd |csh, ksh, sh chdir |csh, sh continue |csh, ksh, sh dirs |csh echo |csh, ksh, sh eval |csh, ksh, sh exec |csh, ksh, sh exit |csh, ksh, sh export |ksh, sh false |ksh fc |ksh fg |csh, ksh, sh for |ksh, sh foreach |csh function |ksh getopts |ksh, sh glob |csh goto |csh hash |ksh, sh hashstat |csh history |csh if |csh, ksh, sh jobs |csh, ksh, sh kill |csh, ksh, sh let |ksh limit |csh login |csh, ksh, sh logout |csh, ksh, sh nice |csh newgrp |ksh, sh nohup |csh notify |csh onintr |csh popd |csh print |ksh pushd |csh pwd |ksh, sh read |ksh, sh readonly |ksh, sh rehash |csh repeat |csh return |ksh, sh select |ksh set |csh, ksh, sh setenv |csh shift |csh, ksh, sh source |csh stop |csh, ksh, sh suspend |csh, ksh, sh switch |csh test |ksh, sh time |csh times |ksh, sh trap |ksh, sh true |ksh type |ksh, sh typeset |ksh ulimit |ksh, sh umask |csh, ksh, sh unalias |csh, ksh unhash |csh unlimit |csh unset |csh, ksh, sh unsetenv |csh until |ksh, sh wait |csh, ksh, sh whence |ksh while |csh, ksh, sh Bourne Shell, sh, Special Commands Input/output redirection is now permitted for these commands. File descriptor 1 is the default output location. When Job Control is enabled, additional Special Commands are added to the shell's environment. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, sh also uses: : No effect; the command does nothing. A zero exit code is returned. .filename Read and execute commands from filename and return. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory con- taining filename. C shell, csh Built-in commands are executed within the C shell. If a built-in command occurs as any component of a pipeline except the last, it is exe- cuted in a subshell. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, csh also uses: : Null command. This command is interpreted, but performs no action. Korn Shell, ksh, Special Commands Input/Output redirection is permitted. Unless otherwise indicated, the output is written on file descriptor 1 and the exit status, when there is no syntax error, is zero. Commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. In addition to these built-in reserved command words, ksh also uses: * : [ arg ... ] The command only expands parameters. * .file [ arg ..Read the complete file then execute the commands. The commands are executed in the current shell environment. The search path specified by PATH is used to find the directory containing file. If any arguments arg are given, they become the posi- tional parameters. Otherwise, the positional parameters are unchanged. The exit status is the exit status of the last com- mand executed. the loop termination test. intro(1), alias(1), break(1), cd(1), chmod(1), csh(1), echo(1), exec(1), exit(1), find(1), getoptcvt(1), getopts(1), glob(1), hash(1), his- tory(1), jobs(1), kill(1), ksh(1), let(1), limit(1), login(1), logout(1), newgrp(1), nice(1), nohup(1), print(1), pwd(1), read(1), read- only(1), set(1), sh(1), shift(1), suspend(1), test(1B), time(1), times(1), trap(1), typeset(1), umask(1), wait(1), chdir(2), chmod(2), creat(2), umask(2), getopt(3C), profile(4), environ(5) 29 Jun 2005 shell_builtins(1)