Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Running Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programmes. Post 302988718 by Alfred Kruger on Sunday 1st of January 2017 05:51:41 AM
Old 01-01-2017
Running Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programmes.

Hi. i am new to Linux. i have a Turbo-cad and circuit wizard programme on CD that I want to install and run. I keep getting the message I do not have an auto-run programme. Do I need to install specific drivers for this? What programme do I need?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How can i get start both sco unix and turbo linux?

I think and believe that i could start both the two OS from HardDisk until i installed Turbo Linux after the SCO unix . If I do anything ,Ican only start Turbo,but if i run "fdisk /mbr",the SCO unix can normally start,but the Turbo Linux could not start with unless you insert the bootdisket,which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sensir163
4 Replies

2. Linux

Equivalent function of [ kbhit() ] In TURBO C

ANy one knows equivalent function of which in Turbo C. I want to Execute Certain loop until any key is pressed. i.e while(!kbhit) { ---------- ---------- } This code work fine in DOS but NOt in LINUX i try to use but not getting the expected result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing contents in a file from multiple programmes

Hi All, I have a query on Perl. I have a text file which has 3 lines, i want to only replace the first line with my replaced text and keep the rest of the text. FOr eg Before change --> echo:a:pending echo:b:pending echo:c:pending After change ---> echo:a:done echo:b:pending... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tosatesh
1 Replies

4. Programming

USing two seperate programmes on same FIFO

hi this is a problem statement i have tried real hard but could not come up with a satisfactory program can someone help you are to create a pair of programs that do the following in this order: 1 one of the program creates a FIFO which another program should be able to write into 2 the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetparnani
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

protocol failure in circuit setup

Receiving the above error from an application. I narrowed it down to a problem with rsh. If the rsh command is issued too rapidly it fails intermittently. Try this script on your linux box... #!/bin/sh -f for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 do echo $i rsh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinl33
1 Replies

6. Programming

Turbo C

Does anybody here know some tutorial sites for turbo c and C++ and other programming language? We had that lesson when i was in first year but i can't easily catch up or something i don't know much. just a little..so i just wanted to learn more about that programming language..if you know some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryxin
4 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Cannot see 'tick boxes' and other contents when installed programmes using Wine. Is there any other

Hi! I have installed ubuntu out of an error, a bit of frustration, a bit of annoyance and a bit of excitement! I am (was!) a windows user. I had windows 7 on my laptop. You might already know how famous windows is with nasty viruses. I got one too! Had no option but to get rid of the whole... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ubuntu_noob
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

USB Circuit Question

My problem is I need to control a 7 segment LED circuit (currently on a breadboard, eventually on a PCB). The only option I have from my PC is through USB. The circuit I have built on a breadboard uses 7 segment LED's and 4206 decade counters. I have cut a USB cable in half, and am using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkhusky
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short circuit if

Hello everyone, just wondering if this type of if condition will execute properly. Suppose I have a script with two functions in it called abc and def: is this code valid, or is there a better way to short circuit the if statement? #! /bin/ksh93 abc(){ statement 1 using $1 statement 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
4 Replies
TV_SPLIT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      TV_SPLIT(1p)

NAME
tv_split - Split XMLTV listings into separate files by date and channel. SYNOPSIS
tv_split --output TEMPLATE [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
Read XMLTV listings and split them into some number of output files. The output file chosen for each programme is given by substitutions on the filename template supplied. You can split listings by time and by channel. The TEMPLATE is a filename but substitutions are applied: first %channel is replaced with the id of a programme's channel, and then Date::Manip substitutions (which broadly follow date(1)) are applied based on the start time of each programme. In this way each programme is written to a particular output file. When an output file is created it will also contain all the channel elements from the input. One or more input files can be given; if more than one then they are concatenated in the same way as tv_cat. If no input files are given then standard input is read. EXAMPLE
Use "tv_split --output %channel-%Y%m%d.xml" to separate standard input into separate files for each day and channel. The files will be created with names like bbc1.bbc.co.uk-20020330.xml. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip(3). AUTHOR
Ed Avis, ed@membled.com. perl v5.14.2 2004-01-20 TV_SPLIT(1p)