Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Congrats to RudiC - 3000 Thanks! Post 302988494 by RudiC on Tuesday 27th of December 2016 07:20:24 AM
Old 12-27-2016
Well, thanks to all of you ! It is and has been so much fun to be and contribute in here - can't be overestimated.

And, while, yes, some time has been spent in here, I have to admit that I learned much more from all of you than I think I contributed. Having been a VMS - and some ORACLE - person in ancient times I was relatively new to *nix when I dropped by. Luckily I could apply some of my experiences from old times in these fora. My firm belief is that curiosity, creativity, and logic thinking are THE BASICS to - not only - our professional branch / subfield.
These 6 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Congrats

I guess this is the most appropriate section for this post... Just wanted to give a big congrats to LivinFree for passing the 1000 post mark. Nice job! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahjoel
4 Replies

3. Hardware

Sun Enterprise 3000

I got a coffee table(enterprise 3000) for free from a friend a couple of months ago, and I'm trying to convince it to boot. List of cards 1x Clock Board 1x I/O board 2x CPU Boards 1x SCSI board? It has 2 SCSI headers on it anyway In addition, its HDD rack is almost full of 18GB drives.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpeterson309
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

RudiC reaches over 4000 thanks in 6 years.

Congratulations. Nice one RudiC. That is some going, well done! Bazza. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations RudiC for completing 4000+ THANKS in forums.

Hello All forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to THANK RudiC for his tremendous achievement, guidance, help for helping in forums, let us join our hands together for his GREAT achievement :b: @Rudi sir, How are you sir? you ROCK, please keep up the great work sir :b: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to RudiC

Please join me in congratulating RudiC for his long overdue lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry: "The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award" This "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to RudiC for Computer Wizardry in the UNIX Operating... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations RudiC for completing 4500 THANKS in forums.

Hello All, I would like to take this opportunity to CONGRATULATE RudiC sir, (on behalf of all of us); please join your hands with me for congratulating RudiC sir for completing 4500 THANKS in forums. He is a GREAT ASSET in this forums and from years and years he is giving NICE, QUICK, Innovative... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
TIMES(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TIMES(2)

NAME
times - get process times SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/times.h> clock_t times(struct tms *buf); DESCRIPTION
The times() function stores the current process times in the struct tms that buf points to. The struct tms is as defined in <sys/times.h>: struct tms { clock_t tms_utime; /* user time */ clock_t tms_stime; /* system time */ clock_t tms_cutime; /* user time of children */ clock_t tms_cstime; /* system time of children */ }; The tms_utime field contains the CPU time spent executing instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime field contains the CPU time spent in the system while executing tasks on behalf of the calling process. The tms_cutime field contains the sum of the tms_utime and tms_cutime values for all waited-for terminated children. The tms_cstime field contains the sum of the tms_stime and tms_cstime values for all waited-for terminated children. Times for terminated children (and their descendants) is added in at the moment wait(2) or waitpid(2) returns their process ID. In particu- lar, times of grandchildren that the children did not wait for are never seen. All times reported are in clock ticks. RETURN VALUE
The function times returns the number of clock ticks that have elapsed since an arbitrary point in the past. For Linux this point is the moment the system was booted. This return value may overflow the possible range of type clock_t. On error, (clock_t) -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. NOTES
The number of clock ticks per second can be obtained using sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK); In POSIX-1996 the symbol CLK_TCK (defined in <time.h>) is mentioned as obsolescent. It is obsolete now. On Linux, if the disposition of SIGCHLD is set to SIG_IGN then the times of terminated children are automatically included in the tms_cstime and tms_cutime fields, although POSIX 1003.1-2001 says that this should only happen if the calling process wait()s on its chil- dren. Note that clock(3) returns values of type clock_t that are not measured in clock ticks but in CLOCKS_PER_SEC. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, SVID, POSIX, X/OPEN, BSD 4.3 HISTORICAL NOTES
SVr1-3 returns long and the struct members are of type time_t although they store clock ticks, not seconds since the epoch. V7 used long for the struct members, because it had no type time_t yet. On older systems the number of clock ticks per second is given by the variable HZ. SEE ALSO
time(1), getrusage(2), wait(2), clock(3), sysconf(3) Linux 2002-06-14 TIMES(2)