Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Can't delete a file in the trash on OSX 10.11.6 Post 302987997 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 19th of December 2016 11:49:10 AM
Old 12-19-2016
Try the terminal solution again and put the filename in quotation marks:

Code:
rm "~INITPicker 2.0"

hth,
DN2

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permisions 2000 to OSX

Could anyone tell me how or point me in the right direction on how to save files from a 2000box to a OSX server with the correct file permissions. File goes over and the only person that has r/w permissions is the owner everyone else is read only. HELP!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mom
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Script for automatic deletion of trash file of mail server

Hi, I have a mail server with limited space and operating system is sun solaris 8 (sparc). I do not have provisions to increase the space for home directory. So i have to delete files from /home/username/mail/trash which are more than 10 days old automatically. So my script should be like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crown2100bd
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

unix executable file problem on MAC OSX ??? please help

I've got this problem. My computers and external hard drives are converting many of my files to a Unix Executable File which has a grey terminal looking icon. I don't understand what is causing this to happen. It is happening to a large number of my image file of different formats and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chadb
1 Replies

4. Linux

Emptying Trash

Hi all i hope someone can help me, in gnome if you right click on trash, you get another menu appear 'Empty Trash' what i want to do is be able to edit this command so that it secure deletes the trash, where is that command? so i can edit it. thanks in advance for any help, Dave (shred -z -u ) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trash

Hello, I deleted a file accidentally using rm-f inside a folder. Is there any option/command to retrive the file or is it possible to recover from trash? or once the file is deleted, it is gone completely?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sydney2008
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Delete restore and empty trash

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: A set of Linux shell scripts is required to allow users to ‘remove' files without them really disappearing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr100perecent
1 Replies

7. Solaris

trash can in solaris

one quick question please.. is Solaris have a RECYLE BIN,or TRASH to retrive deleted files accidently ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Locking with fcntl on Darwin Mac OSX

Hello I have a Perl script that works on non-darwin Mac OS X environments and I think I have narrowed down the issue to a file locking problem. In other linux environments, the flock struct is defined differently. I have adjusted this via the reference for Mac OS X fcntl(2) man page. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flagman5
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing.

Hi there, I am using the xfce4 is already the newest version (4.12.5). thunar is already the newest version (1.8.4-1). The distribution is Linux kali 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux However, the problem is: When I when I click on any program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
2 Replies
nautilus(1)                                                        User Commands                                                       nautilus(1)

NAME
nautilus - the GNOME File Manager SYNOPSIS
nautilus [--check] [--geometry=geometry] [--no-default-window] [--no-desktop] [--quit] [location] [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME File Manager is the primary graphical interface to the file system. It provides access to, and manipulation of, files and folders on both local and remote filesystems by giving a virtual view of them. The File Manager supports multiple view types to allow you to view files and folders as an arrangement of icons, as a detailed list, or as a number of data-specific views which allow embedded viewing of text, images and other multi-media. Nautilus provides the desktop backdrop and its associated icons for launching applications, access to folders, the trash and removeable media (such as CD-ROMs and zip disks). The trash container is a special view of objects that have been removed from their original loca- tions but not yet permanently deleted from the system. Emptying the trash will delete these objects permanently. The side pane of the main window provides additional information about the folder in the current view as well as allowing the user to add any arbitrary notes; for example, to describe the folder or its contents. A tree view of the filesystem is also available on the side bar, which can be used to switch between the location of the main view and a history view to show the recently viewed locations. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ---check Perform a quick set of self-check tests. ---geometry=geomCreate inital window with given geometry, where geometry is in the following format: widthxheight. ---no-default-wiOnly create windows for explicitly specified locations. ---no-desktop Do not manage the desktop backdrop. ---quit Quit a currently running Nautilus application. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5) for more information. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: location The location to be viewed. This location may be specified as a filesystem directory (for example, /home/guest/Documents), or by using any of the URI schemes supported by Nautilus (for example, http://www.sun.com or ftp://ftp.gnome.org). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Nautilus to view a specific location example% nautilus /home/guest/Images Example 2: Opening a Nautilus window with a specified width and height and without managing the desktop background example% nautilus --geometry=450x300 --no-desktop EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/nautilus The command-line executable for the GNOME file manager. ~/.nautilus/* The location of user-specific meta-data, including notes, emblems, and background patterns. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-file-mgr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libgnomevfs-2(3), gnome-std-options(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 nautilus(1)