Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX script for consolidated email Post 302987123 by Don Cragun on Monday 5th of December 2016 02:57:23 PM
Old 12-05-2016
Each df command will align its output. Unless the sizes of all of the fields being output by the various df commands are the same, the output from the commands will not be aligned with each other.

And you haven't bothered to tell us what operating system and shell you're using, so we don't know what features might be available on your system to force the output of the various systems from which you're retrieving data to be aligned. Some systems have an align utility; some don't.

If your system doesn't have an align utility and you know maximum field widths for each of the fields that will work every time you run your script, you can just use printf with an appropriate format string to align fields. Or, if the sizes vary from run to run, you can write an awk script to determine maximum widths and print aligned output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need a unix script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full.

Does anyone have a script to check disk space usage. My backup directory keeps filling up with archivelog files and I need a script to let me know by email or pager when the filesystem is 80% full. Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jzjy0r
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending email from KSH unix script.

Hi Need guidance on including code to mail a couple of files atached with some subject and mail body !!.. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosh0623
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script?

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent.How to do it?Please reply.thanks! Thanks, Mary. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send a message through email to 5 people using unix script.

Hi All, I want to send a message through email to 5 people in unix script. Please let me know, how to do it.Please do reply it is urgent. Thanks, Mary. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Shell Script to automate email alert

Hi all, I have a task on my plate which is of high priority. I need an automated email alert that checks FTP notices subdirectory on a daily basis and forwards any word files to a group of people. This word files gets created whenever there is an issue with FTP connectivity. Please help...... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Script to email grepped results

I am following the tread number 81556 to grep a file and send the results in email. #/bin/bash /bin/grep -i 'invite sip' /var/log/asterisk/full if echo "found" | mail -s 'invite sip' mail@gmail.com When I just build it to grep and mail, it works fine. However, the if statement causes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: klysdale
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Consolidated output in shell script

Hi Gurus, I have a shell script which connects to mulitple DBs and run some queries and output will be written to log file.I need the consolidated output (html format will be better)from the logfile.see below for more details about my requirement. Actual output: DB_NAME TABLE_OWNER ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: navsan420
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script once user send email to UNIX server

is there any possibility to trigger a script. once the user send email to the unix server box with specific subject line. My script will search for the specific word in the unix email and run the shell script if the specific keyword is sent in the email to the unix email box. so that it can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script email to outlook report format

I have a ksh script that emails a report to outlook from a Unix Solaris. On server the report formatted perfectly. However, the email version the format is not. On the server report looks like this: TN Region Old SPiAD Server Order/Req Local Status NAAC Status Request Date New... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Executing of UNIX script using email

Dear Unix Leads, can you please let me know is it possible to execute a shell script in UNIX machine sending an email from outlook or gmail ? or is it possible to generate a token file in UNIX by sending email which we can indirectly use to trigger script your response on this is highly... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)

NAME
collect-reminders - collect email reminders to be sent out SYNOPSIS
Collect emails reminders set by users for special occasions and move them to the email-reminder spool directory. DESCRIPTION
Email-reminder allows users to define events that they want to be reminded of by email. This script is meant to be invoked everyday by a cron job or as the root user. It collects the reminder files from each user. OPTIONS
--help Displays basic usage message. --verbose Prints out information about what the program is doing, including the full emails being sent out. --version Displays the version number. FILES
~/.email-reminders, /etc/email-reminder.conf AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@email-reminder.org.nz> SEE ALSO
email-reminder-editor, send-reminders COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004-2010 by Francois Marier Email-Reminder is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Email-Reminder is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Email-Reminder; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 COLLECT-REMINDERS(1)