Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can awk ignore the field delimiter like comma inside a field? Post 302986703 by RudiC on Tuesday 29th of November 2016 05:49:04 AM
Old 11-29-2016
Try a little modification:
Code:
-v OFS=","

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set a variable field delimiter using awk

How can i set a variable field delimiter using awk?? I wanna do something like this ,but i canīt get the correct syntaxis : VARI=TEST echo "0121212TESTxvcshaashd"|awk 'FS="$VARI" {print $2}' Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Klashxx
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Printing Field with Delimiter in AWK/cut

Hello, I had posted earlier about printing fields using AWK, but now I have a slightly different problem. I have text files in the format: 1*2,3,4,5 and wish to print the first, third, and fifth fields, including the asterisk and commas. In other words, after filtering it should look... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add field delimiter for the last field

I have a file with three fields and field delimiter '|' like: abc|12:13:45|123 xyz|12:87:32| qwe|54:21:09 In the file the 1st line has proper data -> abc|12:13:45|123 ,the 2nd line doesnt has data for the 3rd field which is okay , the 3rd line doesnt has data for the 3rd field as well the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, comma as field separator and text inside double quotes as a field.

Hi, all I need to get fields in a line that are separated by commas, some of the fields are enclosed with double quotes, and they are supposed to be treated as a single field even if there are commas inside the quotes. sample input: for this line, 5 fields are supposed to be extracted, they... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output field delimiter

Dear All, 1.txt (tab in between each value in a line) a b c a b c a c d you can see below, why with ~ i can output with tab, but = cannot? # awk -F'\t' '$2 ~ /b/' 1 a b c a b c # awk -F'\t' '$2 = "b"' 1 a b c a b c a b d ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk :how to change delimiter without giving all field name

Hi Experts, i need to change delimiter from tab to "," sample test file cat test A0000368 A29938511 072569352 5 Any 2 for Ģ1.00 BUTCHERS|CAT FOOD|400G Sep 12 2012 12:00AM Jan 5 2014 11:59PM Sep 7 2012 12:00AM M 2.000 group 5 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a field separator (comma) inside a line of a CSV file

Hi... I can't find my little red AWK book and it's been a long while since I've awk'd. But I need to take a CSV file and convert the first word of the fifth field to its own field by replacing a space with a comma. This is for importing a spreadsheet of issues into JIRA... Example: a line... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tawpie
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

String has * as the field delimiter and I need echo/awk to escape it, how?

Hi, I am trying to read an Oracle listener log file line by line and need to separate the lines into several fields. The field delimiter for the line happens to be an asterisk. I have the script below to start with but when running it, the echo command is globbing it to include other... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to ignore whitespace in field

The awk below executes and update the desired field in my first awk. However, the white space between nonsynonymous SNV in $9 is being split into tabs and my attempt to correct this does not update the field unless it is removed. I am not sure what I am doing wrong? Thank you :). file1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse comma separated field and removing comma in between number and double quotes

Hi Experts, Please support I have below data in file in comma seperated, but 4th column is containing comma in between numbers, bcz of which when i tried to parse the file the column 6th value(5049641141) is being removed from the file and value(222.82) in column 5 becoming value of column6. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)