Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Vim tips and tricks
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Vim tips and tricks Post 302986680 by Don Cragun on Monday 28th of November 2016 11:04:37 PM
Old 11-29-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie Vahedi
Now I have to figure out how to switch from Insertion Mode to Command Mode Smilie
It is simple; just hit the escape key.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar tricks

Hello there, Is there anyway to make the tar utility print the contents of the files inside it (not list the files, but rather their contents) sequentially from the command line? What I ultimately would like to do is to have a way of printing the contents of each file in the tar archive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neked
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need couple of ksh tricks please

1) I ran myScript with 2 arguments, I meant to use 3 if I do r my, it will rerun it with the 2 arguments. is there a way I can do r my and add a third argument at the end? 2) say I did myAcript.ksh 2 5 7 8 I realise my typo. is there an easy way to redo the command replacing A with S? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Solaris tips and tricks

What do you think could we open new top topic with tips and tricks and to show to other users some tricks what do we know like dtrace , new virtual server , how to add new users etc. This is only suggestion (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Tricks

I have a file which containd a string "old" and I need to replace all old with "new" if and only if it is a string not part of a string like Gold or fold etc. I tried with sed like below echo "old gold old" | sed 's/old/new/g' It doesn't give the desired output, It give "old Gnew new".... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Basic VI tricks

I found a decent guide of VI basic tricks. This guide does expect you to have a decent understanding of VI. It does not go over very much beginner related. vi Manual (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
vga_setmodeX(3) 						Svgalib User Manual						   vga_setmodeX(3)

NAME
vga_setmodeX - try to set Mode X-like memory organization SYNOPSIS
#include <vga.h> void vga_setmodeX(void); DESCRIPTION
Try to enable Mode X-like memory organization for 256 color modes using up to 256K of memory like 320x200x256 and 640x400x256. Modes like 320x240x256 etc. are Mode X-like by default. vga_modeinfo(3) lists which modes have Mode X memory layout. A mode X like memory layout means that memory is organized in four pages (set_page(3)) and that the top most pixel 0,1,2,3 are the first pixel in pages 0,1,2,3. Pixels 4,5,6,7 are than the second pixels in pages 0,1,2,3. The other, packed pixel, mode will have pixel 0,1,2,3 as pixel 0,1,2,3 in page 0 and so on. It will only use the next pages if the size of the first 64K page is exceeded. Most SVGA 256 color modes work this way. This is not guaranteed to work. Probably a new mode should be defined for planar 320x200x256. SEE ALSO
svgalib(7), vgagl(7), libvga.config(5), vgatest(6), vga_getmodeinfo(3), vga_setmode(3), vga_setpage(3), AUTHOR
This manual page was edited by Michael Weller <eowmob@exp-math.uni-essen.de>. The exact source of the referenced function as well as of the original documentation is unknown. It is very likely that both are at least to some extent are due to Harm Hanemaayer <H.Hanemaayer@inter.nl.net>. Occasionally this might be wrong. I hereby asked to be excused by the original author and will happily accept any additions or corrections to this first version of the svgalib manual. Svgalib (>;= 1.2.11) 27 July 1997 vga_setmodeX(3)