Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to translate df -h output into a CSV format? Post 302985517 by new2prog on Thursday 10th of November 2016 03:29:40 PM
Old 11-10-2016
How to translate df -h output into a CSV format?

Hi,

Can someone please let me know as how I can send the below df -h format of a linux system into a CSV format ?

Code:
Resource           Size GiB   Used GiB   Avail GiB   Use%   Cleanable GiB*
----------------   --------   --------   ---------   ----   --------------
/data: pre-comp           -   288912.1           -      -                -
/data: post-comp    87397.6    63816.6     23581.0    73%                -
----------------   --------   --------   ---------   ----   --------------

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 11-10-2016 at 04:40 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

format output in csv file

I am sending the output of a file to .csv file. The output should look like this: Total Customers Processed:,8 Total Customers Skipped:,0 Total Customers Added:,8 Total Customers Changed:,0 Total Policies Deleted:,0 Total Policies Failed:,0 total:,8 Now i want this output in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining the Unix CSV format in Excel format while exporting

Hi All, I have created a Unix Shell script whch creates a *.csv file and export it to Excel. The problem i am facing is that Users wants one of the AMOUNT field in comma separted values. Example : if the Amount has the value as 3000000 User wants to be in 3,000,000 format. This Amount format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rawat_me01
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting into CSV format of SQL session output

I am getting a no of fields from a SQL session (e.g. select a,b,c from table). How do I convert the output values into CSV format . The output should be like this 'a','b','c', (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV format help

Hi team, In simple way i will explain.. i have a shell script which gives morethan one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output echo"some code" ----> it gives one output i want all this to put... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv format output file using scirpt

Hi All, I get the test result file daily after running the main test script. from the resultfile, need to fetch only server info and status and put them in tabular format in a file and as well in CSV format output file. I tried using awk command but am not able to put them in tabluar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX command output in csv format

I'm just wondering is there any way to capture the output of a unix command in a csv format. df -h gives the result of filesystem,free space,Used space, use %,mounted on. Is there a way to capture the command output and format it as comma sparated or fixed length file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anita81
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
FALLOCATE(1)							   User Commands						      FALLOCATE(1)

NAME
fallocate - preallocate space to a file SYNOPSIS
fallocate [-n] [-o offset] -l length filename DESCRIPTION
fallocate is used to preallocate blocks to a file. For filesystems which support the fallocate system call, this is done quickly by allo- cating blocks and marking them as uninitialized, requiring no IO to the data blocks. This is much faster than creating a file by filling it with zeros. As of the Linux Kernel v2.6.31, the fallocate system call is supported by the btrfs, ext4, ocfs2, and xfs filesystems. The exit code returned by fallocate is 0 on success and 1 on failure. OPTIONS
The length and offset arguments may be followed by binary (2^N) suffixes KiB, MiB, GiB, TiB, PiB and EiB (the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or decimal (10^N) suffixes KB, MB, GB, PB and EB. -h, --help Print help and exit. -n, --keep-size Do not modify the apparent length of the file. This may effectively allocate blocks past EOF, which can be removed with a truncate. -o, --offset offset Specifies the beginning offset of the allocation, in bytes. -l, --length length Specifies the length of the allocation, in bytes. AUTHORS
Eric Sandeen <sandeen@redhat.com> Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
fallocate(2), posix_fallocate(3), truncate(1) AVAILABILITY
The fallocate command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2009 FALLOCATE(1)