Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Increase disk size on OS side on the fly Post 302984373 by jgt on Tuesday 25th of October 2016 09:11:16 AM
Old 10-25-2016
Yes. The RecoverEDGE boot media includes fdisk, divvy, mkfs, and the restore function.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

increase size of /tmp

My /tmp is full, and the oracle installation is crashing. How can I increase the size of /tmp, even though I have allocated all the available disk space to other partitions? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkappaz
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

increase size

Hi All, one of the mount point in Hp ux server has reached 95% its a data base file and can not be deleted. so i want to know how to increase the size of mount point i am new to unix ,please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyoti
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to increase the size of the allotment

Hi all, I have a 130gb HDD of which 95b is taken up by various partitions of windows xp... I partitioned my HDD and gave solaris 10gb of space, but now owing to some development stuff i need to increase the space!!! How do i do it!! Please note that i do have ~20gb of space left still...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. Solaris

increase Root size

Dear all, I am very new to solaris, I have installed solaris 10, i tried installing few softwares into file system, unfortunately system failed to install stating "No space left on device " i searched few threads and it says, we have to increase root size. where my root size is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhnki
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase salt size

Unix protect its password by using salt It that mean larger the salt size the more secure? if the salt size increase greatly, will the password still able to be cracked? thank you for helping (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cryogen
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to increase Virtual Disk size

Hello, I am working AIX VIO server and extended Virtual Disk of one of the Partition with 10GB. After starting partition, i am not able to see increased size of disk. Can you please help me what I need to do to increase the size of virtual disk from partition? Thanks Kishor ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorbhede
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase size to sd[b-c]

hi guys I am working on my vmware workstation. I have a /dev/sdb which is 5GB. I am using LVM. Now I increase /dev/sdb 2 more GB. fdisk -l shows 7 GB but pvscan still shows 5GB. how do I make my system recognize the new 7GB added and be able to add those to my physical volumen and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kopper
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Delete syslog but size disk can't increase

Hi Experts, I have a problem wih /var. Disk /var is full. After i investigate, i found file /var/log/syslog.0 is growing rapidly. The size is 4.3G. I tried to move syslog.0 to another disk and file was moved successfully. My question is why size /var can't increase? used space still 100%. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
7 Replies

9. AIX

Kdb - vscsi disk mapping from AIX 5.3 CLIENT side

If you're familiar with vscsi mappings thru a VIO Server, you are probably aware, on an AIX 6.1 Client LPAR, that: print cvai | kdbcan provide useful information to you.... like VIO Server name & vhost #. But, "cvai" does not appear to be part of the Kernel Debugger in AIX 5.3. My question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Doctor
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Increase disk size of guest domain

Host System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. running Solaris 11.3. Last login: Tue Sep 19 14:42:42 2017 from xxx.xxx.xxx Oracle Corporation SunOS 5.11 11.3 June 2017 $ uname -a SunOS sog01 5.11 11.3 sun4v sparc sun4v $ Original physical systems: Sun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
0 Replies
MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)				      General Commands Manual					 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)

NAME
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk - Convert a livecd image to a live USB image then write to a USB disk or partition SYNOPSIS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk [--reset-mbr] [--noverify] [--overlay-size-mb <size>] [--home-size-mb <size>] [--unencrypted-home] <isopath> [usbstick device] <isopath> is your livecd image path name, [usbstick device] is optional, if not provided, it will detect automatically and ask you to select. DESCRIPTION
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can convert a livecd image to a live USB image and write it to a USB disk or partition, it is different from mic- image-writer which is just a safer dd with progress bar. mic-livecd-iso-to-disk can detect all the removable USB disks and let you select one of them, if you didn't insert any USB disk, it will ask you to insert until a USB disk is available, it can decide if your USB disk need to be formated and if your USB disk has an appropriate partition for this livecd image, all the operations are interactive and have warnings f they will damage your old data on your USB disk. mic-image-manager has a GUI tool for it. OPTIONS
--reset-mbr Set MBR on your USB disk --noverify Don't verify your livecd image --overlay-size-mb Specify overlay size, the default size is 64 MB --home-size-mb Specify home size, the default is 0 EXAMPLES
Write a Molib live image to your USB disk: mic-livecd-iso-to-disk your-2.1-final.img EXIT STATUS
mic-livecd-iso-to-disk returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, otherwise return non-zero and print error message. AUTHOR
Yi Yang, Anas Nashif, Jianfeng Ding SEE ALSO
mic-image-creator(1), mic-convertor(1), mic-chroot(1), mic-image-writer(1), mic-image-manager(1) perl v5.12.3 2011-05-31 MIC-LIVECD-ISO-TO-DISK(1)