Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk command issue
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk command issue Post 302984038 by abhii on Thursday 20th of October 2016 05:22:37 AM
Old 10-20-2016
Code worked. thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line arg issue with awk

Hi friends, I am trying to pass input from command line and trying to print that column values. (FYI: I am using ksh) My code goes like this... #!/bin/sh column=$1 awk '{print $'$column'}' I execute using command like this --> ls -l | file_name parameter Hope I am clear with my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divzz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command issue

Hi, Please could someone advise the issue i have with my awk command ? my command is : export NUM_SCENARIOS=`awk -F= '!/^#/ && /NUM_SCENARIOS/{print $2}' /home/environment.properties` when I echo $NUM_SCENARIOS this comes back with : 100 10 The issue I have is, there is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk NR issue

Hi guys, i am trying to analyze a text file using awk and am not able to solve this issue. This is the piece of code that I have written BEGIN { ## Time to count MACs -> 5 seconds. TIME_LIMIT = 5; k = 50000; } ## For every line. { time_in_seconds = $1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue

Hi all, i am trying to use below command to see the output of hardware inventory, but i only see 2 first line no output of the command. awk '/Hardware/ {print $0}' XXX_result.txt Hardware inventory: Hardware inventory: any idea how to see whatever is under hardware inventory. i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jared
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop, awk command issue

limit.csv data -------------- 5600050 38Nhava 400077 27Bomay rate.txt data ------------- 38NhaVA 27BomaY 27Bomay below is my script: for i in `cat limit.csv` do b=`awk '{print $1}' $i` (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_satyambabu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command issue

Hi All, I have one file with below content Post1:uri Post2:urieop Post3:urtei I am trying to read each word seprated by delimiter with below command Value1=$(awk -F":" '{print $1}' $HSFILE) Value2=$(awk -F":" '{print $2}' $HSFILE) echo $Value1 echo $Value2 It is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with awk command between Linux and Solaris

Hi, Here is the output using bash profile on Linux uptime 04:59:14 up 16 days, 4:48, 2 users, load average: 1.00, 1.00, 1.20 Here is the output using bash profile on Solaris uptime 4:00am up 84 day(s), 22:21, 3 users, load average: 0.09, 0.10, 0.12 Now,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with awk command

I am new to unix.I have a requirement to get few fields from the log file as below. Log app9/cc-gr_base.log.2017-07-19.gz: hostname 1500523166993 NA:NA:NA http-nio-8080-exec-56 INFO Points balance from MIS for user with userId: 19651069, first name: DEREK RICHARD and last name: BOUDREAU is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
3 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)