Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs Post 302983970 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 19th of October 2016 06:32:45 AM
Old 10-19-2016
The wildcard globbing can match none, one, or several files.
Perhaps you don't need the wildcard globbing at all? The following simply strips off the .txt and appends .vcf
Code:
 file1="/home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/final/${file1%%.txt}.vcf"  # look for matching file

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable assignment for file names.

I am trying to process error files in selected directories. I can count the files that are there and export the contents to a file for either emailing or printing. The next step is to move the files to a processed directory with the name changed to .fixed as the last extension. for file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script duplicate file names

I am trying to write a housekeeping bash script. Part of it involves searching all of my attached storage media for photographs and moving them into a single directory. The problem occurs when files have duplicate names, obviously a file called 001.jpg will get overwritten with another file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
6 Replies

3. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell - Matching 3 letter file names

Hi I am running a shell script with bdf command and want to match all files with length 3 inside a specific partitions. How do i do that say for example if i want to list all files with length 3 in /home/jimmy partition, bdf /home/jimmy the output i need is xyx abc yyy amp ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Names in a Variable in a loop

Hi All , I am having confusion in a shell script. Please guide me. I need to get multiple files (number of files vary time to time, file names are separated by '|') using FTP get from the remote server. Actually, i call the FTP function in a loop. At the last step, i need to move all the get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find complete file names in UNIX if i know only extention of file

Suppose I have a file which contains other file names with some extention . text file containt gdsds sd8ef g/f/temp_temp.sum yyeta t/unix.sum ghfp hrwer h/y/test.text.dat if then.... I want to get the complete file names, like for above file I should get output as temp_temp.sum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchal
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find specific file names and execute a command depending on file's name

Hi, As a newbie, I'm desperate ro make my shell script work. I'd like a script which checks all the files in a directory, check the file name, if the file name ends with "extracted", store it in a variable, if it has a suffix of ".roi" stores in another variable. I'm going to use these two... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: armando110
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command: names matching the expression

Hello all, I need to print directories using find command. The directories names contain date in the format YYYYMMDD or the name of directory is only the date format. I want print directories, which doesn't start with this date. E.g I have dirs like foo20120101 foo20120101foo 20120101foo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satin1321
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching the header of a .CSV file with dynamic field names

I have a .CSV file (frequency - weekly) whose header contains the year-week value in two of the columns which keeps changing every week. For an instance please see below. Column1,Column2,Column3,Column4,Column5,Column6,Column7,Column8,Column9,Column10,Column11,Column12,Column13,201420... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract file names from file and set variable to 'highest' one

HI Folks - I have a requirement where I need to scan a text file for a list of files. The file, we'll called it, files.txt looks like such: inbox/EBS/Client_GL_Detail_PBCS_112517_SEP2017.txt inbox/EBS/Client_GL_Detail_PBCS_112617_NOV2017.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
9 Replies
pycocuma(1)							    Addressbook 						       pycocuma(1)

NAME
pycocuma - Pythonic Contact and Customer Management SYNTAX
pycocuma [options] [connection-string] DESCRIPTION
PyCoCuMa (Pythonic Contact and Customer Management) provides a personal information system for addresses, telephone numbers and other data associated with personal contacts (also supports photographic pictures). PyCoCuMa is purely written in Python with a Tk graphical interface. PyCoCuMa is based on an XML-RPC client-server architecture. The server stores its data in compatible vCard (ver. 3.0) files (*.vcf) which can be read by all modern address programs (Evolution, KAddressbook, Outlook, GnomeCard, etc). This manpage documents the PyCoCuMa client (which can also run standalone). OPTIONS
connection-string addressbook filename / server url -h --help show help -c --config location of configuration file (default: ~/.pycocuma) --noconf do not save configuration / preferences -t --type connection type: xmlrpc or file (default: file) --finder open QuickFinder --import import from file/stdin (-) (e.g. vcard:/tmp/John.vcf) --export export to file or stdout (e.g. latex:-) EXAMPLES
pycocuma --type=xmlrpc http://localhost:8810 pycocuma --config=/tmp/pycocumatest.conf --type=file ./addressbook.vcf AUTHORS
PyCoCuMa was written by Henning Jacobs. This manpage was written by Christoph Berg for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
PyCoCuMa home page http://www.srcco.de/pycocuma/ pycocuma-server(1) Debian 0.4.5-5 pycocuma(1)