Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications The basics of setting up Remmina Post 302983504 by Corona688 on Wednesday 12th of October 2016 11:56:38 AM
Old 10-12-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Posting "Does not work" without explanation does not help you or anyone. If a command does not work for you, please show the exact circumstances you used it, and the exact error or malfunction you received. Do not paraphrase errors, or post the text as links, images, or attachments if you can avoid it: Paste the exact message, in code tags, like [code] text [/code] or by selecting the text and using the Image button.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell basics

Hi All, I have a basic question in Scripting. Can anyone tell me what is the difference b/w the two syntax : if (( $lines = 0 )); and if ; when do we use the square brackets & when to use the paranthesis. Thanks, Pradeep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basics - if condition (contains)

Can any body help me on how to check whether a file contains a required extension or not. pseudo is: if (filename contains .jpg || filename contains .gif) --- do some thing end if Example file names: test1.grm.gtrx.drx.jpg test.de.mi.jpg test2.ds.gif test3.gif thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: devs
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts and basics

Hi, I have a script which I need to modify the date "01/10/2008" and "31/10/2008" every month before running the report. Can I have some script to take the date automatically from the cal option. Hope it makes sense. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jayanthsec
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Basics

Hello , Everyone , I want to know the Aix Basics and how it works ,hardware related problems and solution etc. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narendram
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls command basics???

how do i use the ls command with a single argument to list all files whose names end with the letter 'r'? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilbo4231
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help me with basics

hello everyone i have to start with unix as it is a part of my training programme and i have to do a self study, i dont know where to start from. i need some basic questions to be answerd like why we use unix ? what is a terminal? what is an editor? why we write commands inside terminal? these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aryancool
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)