Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignite
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite Post 302983417 by gregsih on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 11:18:24 AM
Old 10-11-2016
Ignite

Hi

Does anybody know how to get hold of a very old (A.3.7.n) copy of the ignite software depot for HP-UX 10.20?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ignite tapes

can any1 tell me how to make ignite tapes for the HP-ux. this company said it was: "make_tape_recovery_A", but that don't work. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JBX
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

make_sys_image + Ignite problem

could any one help me I have a HP UX 11.0 with a lot of VG and disks connected to SAN. I need to create a Golden Image having only the vg00 of this system. How do i do this using make_sys_image? In case any have some docs, I would appreciate if You could share it. Thanks Dhanish (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Need Ignite for HP-UX 10.20

Hello All, I need to bring down our old 9000 series d350, but my supervisor wants an ignite backup created. I cannot find ignite in the usual places (/opt/ignite) nor can I find it in swlist. As far as I can tell the cd's are long gone. Is there anywhere else I could look for ignite being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
6 Replies

6. HP-UX

vpar ignite

Hi Can I use a vpar as an ignite server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahlathini
1 Replies

7. AIX

ignite equivalent in AIX

Hi All, Does AIX has utility like ignite server to make remote os installation using image (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayannair
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Ignite and HP-UX 09.XX

I am looking to make bootable tape backups of four machines running HP-UX 09.02, 09.05 and 09.07. I successfully located Ignite 10.20 and installed it and made a backup on the one machine running HP-UX 10.20. I am having trouble locating information about Ignite for HP-UX 9. Does it exist? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whack_job
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Ignite - make_net_recovery

I've read the Ignite User/Admin Guide but I'm having trouble figuring out if I can do a make_net_recovery if the ignite server and client server are on completely different networks? If this can be done is there any special configuration? If I initiate the command from the server it looks like it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
3 Replies

10. HP-UX

Error with ignite

Works all. Depot shared via nfs dhcp working setting file system,network,root password,etc But when i start "go!" with installation,give me this error. How to fix,debug? Thanks http://s24.postimg.org/5hzbgk551/unixbell3.png (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
3 Replies
cleanup(1M)															       cleanup(1M)

NAME
cleanup - HP-UX patch cleanup utility SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command provides functions useful when dealing with HP-UX patches on HP-UX. The command logs all information to Options recognizes the following options: Preview the task but do not actually perform the requested action. Notify the user of tasks and request confirmation before performing the requested action. Commit patches superseded at least number times. This option is a front-end to the option of (see swmodify(1M)) that provides an easier interface to commit multiple patches at once. Remove patches in the specified software depot that have been superseded by patches also available from the depot. Specifies whether the software depot contains patches for HP-UX 10.X or 11.X releases. This option is only valid with the option. If the option is not specified, it defaults to HP-UX 11.X patches. Specifies whether patches in the software depot that contain a corequisite or prerequisite attribute specifying one of the superseded patches as a dependency should also be removed. This option is valid only with the option. If the option is not specified, it defaults to true. Remove HP-UX 10.X patches that remain in the Installed Product Database after an upgrade to HP-UX 11.X. These patches are removed from the IPD so that they are no longer displayed in the output of the command (see swlist(1M)). The HP-UX 10.X patch files are also removed from Correct the attribute for HP-UX 11.X patches. Recommendations The command should be executed after updating to HP-UX 11.X from HP-UX 10.20. It is not necessary to execute after updating from one ver- sion of HP-UX 11.X software to another because SD-UX will properly remove 11.X patch information from the IPD in these situations. The command should be executed whenever patches are added to a software depot. It is not a requirement that superseded 11.X patches be removed from a software depot, but it is a recommendation to conserve disk space and to avoid confusion. If superseded patches exist in the same depot as patches that supersede them, SD-UX on HP-UX 11.X will handle the situation properly. The command can be executed to commit all patches that have been superseded at least the specified number of times. The only benefit from committing patches is that disk space will be recovered in the The command can be executed to insure that the attribute of all patch filesets is set correctly. There are several known situations where the attribute will be set incorrectly. This command can be run at any time, but will be most useful after a system has been installed using Ignite-UX. AVAILABILITY
This command is standard on HP-UX 11i v3. On 11i v2 it is available in patch PHCO_32220 or a superseding patch. On 11i v1 it is available in patch PHCO_27780 or a superseding patch. WARNINGS
Extreme care should be used when committing patches. Once a patch has been committed, it cannot be removed from the system. Patches should only be committed when you are satisfied with their behavior. Recovering disk space should not be the only factor considered when committing patches. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
show_patches(1), sysdiff(1), check_patches(1M), swlist(1M), swmodify(1M), swremove(1M), sd(4). cleanup(1M)