Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX shells scripting
Top Forums Programming UNIX shells scripting Post 302983397 by RavinderSingh13 on Tuesday 11th of October 2016 04:41:45 AM
Old 10-11-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijaykannan T
Can someone help by advising hw to built myself strong on logic building in UNIX shell scripting. I find it very difficult
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello VijayKannan,

For sure it is not 1 day task, one should read books, do a lot of practice, tackle the problems in testing as well as real time environments. Do a lot of hard work and try to help people, ask questions to groups/forums(after one has given 200% effort and couldn't able to solve a problem because simply asking questions will not help OP).

One more important thing learning is an infinite loop which will never end, even after expert level knowledge if we are not in sync with technology then soon person may not be an expert in that technology after leaving it's practice after sometime. So keep hard working, practicing, reading, asking questions(after you try your best and couldn't tackle problem), keep helping/guiding people. As I always say:
Quote:
The more we share, the more we learn.
Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl as lanuage of shells in unix

hi, do shells in unix understand the language of perl? learning perl will make u a ultimate shell programmer? thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Good Unix Shells ?

Hey Guys i am new to Unix and i have downlaoded Cygwin for Windows and deleted it. I was just wondering is there any good shells like that for windows that just as good thanks for your time ][ce (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IceCold
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching shells in UNIX Scripts

Solaris Newbie here to scripting in UNIX/SOLARIS. What I am looking to do is, once the script is executed, switch to /bin/bash shell and continue to execute the script. The problem I run into is once the script switches to the Bash shell, the script stops, and does not execute the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoobiez
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system?

How do I know what type of shells are available in my Unix system? Are there a single command or environment variable that can let me find that out? Best regards, John Chan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shuhang2
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing shells in unix (im using putty)

hi. im new here. im taking a UNIX OS class and im in need of some help how do i change my shell in UNIX? for homework i need to edit the tcshrc file (to include aliases) in my home directory but its not there. so i think switching shells will create the file. am i correct? I'm using PuTTy.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alpha_centauri
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"UNIX Shells By Example" CD Files

hello All, I just purchased a used copy of "UNIX Shells by Example" by Ellie Quigley. The CD is not in the back. I googled the world but the files dont seem to be available for download anywhere. Does anyone out there have them. It would be much appreciated if someone can email them to me. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tag0519
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Scripting( Calling from Unix to PLSQL)

Hello Experts, I have the following questions to be discussed here at this esteemed discussion forum. I have two Excel sheets which contain Unix Commands llike creating directory the structure/ftp/Copy/Zip etc to basically create an environment. I need help in understanding some of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: faizsaadq
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Scripting

Hi Guys, I need your help. I have a file with around 10,000 lines in which i need to get the machine and owner name and paste in the seperate file. I have multiple entries fr machine and owner i need to fetch the data accordingly. File example: command: /data/esb/etl/bods_exported_script... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinoth Kumar G
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX shells script to echo out the date value

I appreciate if someone answer this question for my learning purpose: Given a filename structure of a COUNTRY CODE, file type, date (YYYYMMDD) and two digit attempt number with an extension of ".dat", write a UNIX shells script to echo out the date value. Example: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shumail
1 Replies
xowish(1)							XOTcl Applications							 xowish(1)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
xowish - Graphical shell containing object-oriented scripting language XOTcl SYNOPSIS
xowish ?fileName arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
xowish is a shell-like application that reads XOTcl commands from its standard input or from a file and evaluates them. In addition to xot- clsh it provides graphical user interface support for TK widgets. XOTcl (XOTcl, pronounced exotickle) is an object-oriented scripting language based on MIT's OTcl. It is intended as a value added replace- ment for OTcl. Scripting languages, like Tcl, are designed for glueing components together, provide features like dynamic extensibility and dynamic typing with automatic conversion, that make them well suited for rapid application development. The basic object system of XOTcl is adopted from OTcl. The object system enables us to define objects, classes, and meta-classes. Classes are special objects with the purpose of managing other objects. ``Managing'' means that a class controls the creation and destruction of its instances and that it contains a repository of methods accessible for the instances. Every object may be enhanced with object-specific methods. XOTcl supports single and multiple inheritance. All relationships in XOTcl, including class and superclass relationships, are com- pletely dynamic and can be introspected. Through method chaining without explicit naming of the intended method, ambiguities in name reso- lution of methods are avoided. This way a shadowed method can be ``mixed into'' the execution of the current method. XOTcl combines the ideas of scripting and object-orientation in a way that preserves the benefits of both of them. It is equipped with sev- eral new language functionalities that help building and managing complex systems. We added the following support: Dynamic Object Aggregations, to provide dynamic aggregations through nested namespaces (objects). Nested Classes, to reduce the interference of independently developed program structures. Assertions, to reduce the interface and the reliability problems caused by dynamic typing and, therefore, to ease the combination of many components. Meta-data, to enhance self-documentation of objects and classes. Per-object mixins, as a means to improve flexibility of mixin methods by giving an object access to several different supplemental classes, which may be changed dynamically. Per-class mixins, as a means to improve flexibility of mixin methods to a class, all instances of the class have access to the mixed in methods like for multiple inheritance, but without the need of intersection classes. Filters as a means of abstractions over method invocations to implement large program structures, like design patterns. Dynamic Component Loading XOTcl integrates the Tcl package loading with architectrual support for integration with object-oriented con- structs. Moreover, it provides tracking/tracing of component loading. KEYWORDS
argument, interpreter, prompt, script file, shell XOWish xowish(1)