Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't detect my second monitor Post 302982419 by twelth_hour on Thursday 29th of September 2016 09:32:19 AM
Old 09-29-2016
I'm not with the docking station now, but I will try this step tomorrow and post the results. Thank you for your help!

---------- Post updated 29-09-16 at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous update was 28-09-16 at 07:16 PM ----------

The output of:

Code:
sudo rmmod udlfb

was

Code:
rmmod: ERROR: Module udlfb is not currently loaded

The output of:

Code:
sudo rmmod udl

was

Code:
rmmod: ERROR: Module udl is not currently loaded

There was no output for:

Code:
sudo modprobe udl

The output for:

Code:
dmesg | tail

was

Code:
[    9.136639] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11
[   16.028197] intel-vbtn INT33D6:00: unknown event index 0xcd
[   35.798522] wlan0: authenticate with c0:c1:c0:c4:4c:57
[   35.806681] wlan0: send auth to c0:c1:c0:c4:4c:57 (try 1/3)
[   35.808635] wlan0: authenticated
[   35.809956] wlan0: associate with c0:c1:c0:c4:4c:57 (try 1/3)
[   35.829231] wlan0: RX AssocResp from c0:c1:c0:c4:4c:57 (capab=0x411 status=0 aid=4)
[   35.831886] wlan0: associated
[   35.831959] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): wlan0: link becomes ready
[  146.192583] usbcore: registered new interface driver udl

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bad upgrade to 8.10 and ubuntu doesn't boot afterwards.

at the end of October i upgraded the distro to 8.10 at first it seemed fine until i restarted my machine the boot seqence started i logged in after that nothing? tried booting again and the same thing happened did i do something wrong during the upgrade to 8.10 did everything the computer asked me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksnovice
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why getopts doesn't detect correctly my switches?

Dear all, I have created a KornShell script containing swiches with getopts (command line switches). Normally, my script should work like this: $ ./myscript.ksh -a 12 -b 4 -c 78 The switch a was selected with the argument 12 The switch b was selected with the argument 4 The switch c was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Microphone doesn't work in Ubuntu 10.04

When I try to speak to the microphone, there is no echo in the speaker. I test it again by dialing Skype, there is still no sound in my side while I can hear the other side. What can I do? Thanks in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2000s
4 Replies

4. AIX

AIX doesn't detect smc1 media changer in ts3200 tape library

Hi all, I'm having a problem here my environment as follows. AIX 5.3 TL 10 running on a P6 p520 sever with 3 fibre channel cards and Tivoli Storage Manager TSM 5.4 and TS3200 Tape Library with 2 drives and 2 media changers. My problem as follows smc1 doesn't show up , I ran cfgmgr multiple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
6 Replies

5. AIX

AIX doesn't detect TS3200 tape library

Hi all, I have a problem here root@host1 / # lsdev -Cc tape rmt0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) rmt1 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) smc0 Defined 07-00-02 IBM 3573 Tape Medium Changer (FCP) root@host1 / # cfgmgr -l fcs2 Method error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[KornShell]: Why getopts doesn't detect disabled switches in this script?

Hi, My environement OS: Linux Fedora Core 17 X86_64 KSH version: sh (AT&T Research) 93u+ 2012-08-01 As I understand inside a Kornshell script, the getopts statement allows to collect information about the switches provided for the script (if any). Besides, it is possible to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dariyoosh
3 Replies

9. Hardware

Dell XPS M1330 doesn't detect optical drive

I have a Dell XPS M1330 laptop. The OS is Windows 10. I had to replace the motherboard because it was bad. After replacing the motherboard I noticed the optical (DVD/CD) drive is neither detected in BIOS and OS nor making any noise at all. Everything else seems to be working fine. The optical drive... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)