Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display text is string matches below. Post 302981773 by rbatte1 on Monday 19th of September 2016 10:10:07 AM
Old 09-19-2016
It depends how you want to filter, including what you want or excluding what you don't want.

The simplest might be to use grep -Ev with an expression matching the records you want to exclude.

If you are not bothered about the titles in the report, it would be easier to use grep BSWITCH in your code.

What have you got so far that we can help with?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String in text matches folder name

Hi, I need unix shell script that can read the first column of a text file and matching each column string is a folder and i need to read files from the specified folder e.g Main.txt has Mike 690 Jhon 346 i need to read Mike first then open up the files in folder Mike in the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shackman66
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a string in files and reporting matches

Can someone please help me figure out what the command syntax I need to use is? Here is what I am wanting to do. I have hundreds of thousands of files I need to look for a specific search string in. These files are spread across multiple subdirectories from one main directory. I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: btrotter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating folder when the string matches

hi :confused:sorry last time , b4 im drafting the thread i was unexpectedly posted the thread see here is the program wat it will do is .. i have to create folder at the run time when the string matches ... what to do is im havin text file which carry the file name like ( EngCVer1pg1j01.TOP,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all matches in a string with sed

if I have "abxcdxefx" and want to remove the x's with sed, how can I do this? Thanks. WHOOPS: Just remembered: echo "abxcdxefx" | sed s/x//g Thanks for reading, though. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lumix
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display LineNo Incase Total Number Of Delimiter Does matches in a given variable

I have many files .dat extension. requirement is to display line no if no of delimiter does not matches in a given variable lets say File: REF_BETOS.dat HCPCS_OR_CPT_CODE~BETOS_CODE~TERMINATION_DATE 0001F~Z2~ 0003T~I4~B20061231 0005F~Z2~~~ 0008T~P8~B20061231... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainuddin
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display all the matches lines in one line using awk

Please can you let me know how to print all the matching lines from a file in one single line using awk. Thanks I have the following data in the input file data1 voice2 voice1 speech1 data2 data3 ... ... voice4 speech2 data4 and the output should be as follows data1 data2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print only '+' or '-' if string matches (two files)

I would like to add two additional conditions to the actual code I have: print '+' if in File2 field 5 is greater than 35 and also field 7 is grater than 90. while read -r line do grep -q "$line" File2.txt && echo "$line +" || echo "$line -" done < File1.txt ' Input file 1: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernardo.bello
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
Info::Layer2::Cisco(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Info::Layer2::Cisco(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer2::Cisco - SNMP Interface to L3 and L2+L3 IOS Cisco Device that are not covered in other classes. AUTHOR
Max Baker SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $cisco = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, # These arguments are passed directly to SNMP::Session DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $cisco->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Cisco Routers running IOS Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP SNMP::Info::CDP SNMP::Info::CiscoStats SNMP::Info::CiscoImage SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT SNMP::Info::CiscoQOS SNMP::Info::CiscoConfig SNMP::Info::Layer2 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CDP for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoImage for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoQOS for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::CiscoConfig for its own MIB requirements. See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $cisco->vendor() Returns 'cisco' Global Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CDP See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CDP for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoImage See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoImage for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoQOS See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoQOS for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoConfig See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoConfig for details. Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoVTP for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CDP See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CDP for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoStats See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoStats for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoImage See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoImage for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoRTT for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoQOS See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoQOS for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::CiscoConfig See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::CiscoConfig for details. Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer2 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer2 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer2::Cisco(3pm)