Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting SSH Output From Remote to Local Session? Post 302981381 by Lost in Cyberia on Sunday 11th of September 2016 09:41:49 PM
Old 09-11-2016
My apologies! Yea the code tag thing put it all in one line for whatever reason...Here it is again...

Code:
#! /bin/bash  

ssh -t -t $tar_host & <<EOF  
sleep 2 
echo "On host03" 
EOF  
echo "worked?" 
exit 0

The name of the script is just test_script.sh.
I can't post the full script due to it having some proprietary elements, but just know that the $tar_host variable is the name of host03. So it's basically saying
Code:
ssh -t -t  host03 &  <<EOF

Also from host01 (where this script is run) I can do ssh host03 and it works without a hitch, since it can work without prompting for passwords by using the ssh keys.

The OS being used is RedHat 6 or7 I believe.
Lastly the script is invoked just by the user sourcing it with ./test_script.sh

Any other question let me know! Much appreciated
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment No! CODE tags DO NOT remove <newline> characters.
Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, output, and code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 09-11-2016 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why?

mac 10.4>terminal>linux remote server>ssh login accepted>session closed-why? AHHHH!! I have been connecting to the server with the line: ssh userid@website.com The remote server accepts my password; logs me in with ssh; posts a lovely welcome message AND closes the session. Is this a "term... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xprankard
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsh help - getting the output of remote script to local server.

Hi, I have a script that runs for an hour. Have to run it on remote server and need the output it produces on the remote server to decide for failure or success. I run it through a Autosys Job which logs the outputs, both 1 & 2. I use the commands 1) rsh <SERVER> 'nohup /tmp/xyz.ksh &' 2)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
5 Replies

3. Solaris

How to reconnect to a disconnected remote ssh session

hi all How to reconnect to a disconnected remote ssh session on solaris 10 is there any way (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
4 Replies

4. Linux

Create VNC Session on remote machine on which ssh access is denied

Hi Folks, I want to create VNC session on the Remote RHEL machine on which ssh access is denied. Is there any way so that I can create VNC session without ssh access. Let me know all possible ways! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gydave
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh sending local variable to remote system

I am running a useradd script, which works locally but I want to take some of that local information and send it to a remote system, ssh keys are set up between the two systems. I am attaching the script, look at the section titled "Sending information to FTP2" Removed attachment, added... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slufoot80
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compare local & remote Files over ssh?

I want to make a script to compare list of files in terms of its size on local & remote server whose names are same & this is required over ssh. How can I accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using expect to remote SSH and write to a local file

Hi Guys, So what I am trying to do is : Host A should do a SSH to Host B to F. Login to the remote host and gather the output of uptime and write to to a file in HostA. So by the end of the script, HostA should contain a file that contains the uptime output of Host B,C,D,E,F. Right now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

8. AIX

Need to remote control client's ssh session

Is there a way that I can remotely control a user's ssh session so I can see what they are doing and walk them through the problem they are having on my AIX based application? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: De@nneG
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to ssh and list files in local directory from remote.

#!/bin/bash script_work_dir="/home/websys/TEST_dpi_42_file_trnsfer_engine/PORT22/script_work_area" script_config_dir="/home/websys/TEST_dpi_42_file_trnsfer_engine/PORT22/script_config" dpi_sourceServerList=$script_config_dir"/dpi_sourceServerList" dpi_srvr_42="rtm@1.1.1.1"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep remote multiple hosts output to local server

Hello all, i'm trying to create a report by greping a pattern on multiple remote hosts and creta a simple report, actually i did this, is ther any better way to do this. #!/bin/bash for host in `cat RemoteHosts` do ssh $host -C 'hostname 2>&1; grep ERROR /var/log/WebServer.log.2019-09-21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
ptree(1)																  ptree(1)

NAME
ptree - print process trees SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/ptree [-a] [-c] [-z zone] [pid | user] ... ptree prints the process trees containing the specified pids or users, with child processes indented from their respective parent pro- cesses. An argument of all digits is taken to be a process-id, otherwise it is assumed to be a user login name. The default is all pro- cesses. The following options are supported: -a All. Print all processes, including children of process 0. -c Contracts. Print process contract memberships in addition to parent-child relationships. See process(4). This option implies the -a option. -z zone Zones. Print only processes in the specified zone. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. This option is only useful when executed in the global zone. The following operands are supported: pid Process-id or a list of process-ids. ptree also accepts /proc/nnn as a process-id, so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all processes in the system. user Username or list of usernames. Processes whose effective user IDs match those given are displayed. Example 1: Using ptree The following example prints the process tree (including children of process 0) for processes which match the command name ssh: $ ptree -a `pgrep ssh` 1 /sbin/init 100909 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569150 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569157 /usr/lib/ssh/sshd 569159 -ksh 569171 bash 569173 /bin/ksh 569193 bash The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful operation. non-zero An error has occurred. /proc/* process files See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The human readable output is Unstable. The options are Evolving. gcore(1), ldd(1), pargs(1), pgrep(1), pkill(1), plimit(1), pmap(1), preap(1), proc(1), ps(1), ppgsz(1), pwd(1), rlogin(1), time(1), truss(1), wait(1), fcntl(2), fstat(2), setuid(2), dlopen(3C), signal.h(3HEAD), core(4), proc(4), process(4), attributes(5), zones(5) 11 Oct 2005 ptree(1)