Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote Post 302980910 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 5th of September 2016 02:08:21 AM
Old 09-05-2016
Hello newbie_01,

Following may help you in same.
Code:
echo "SYS SYSTEM DBSNMP RMAN AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH III JJJ KKK LLL MMM NNN OOO PPP QQQ RRR SSS TTT AAA BBB CCC"  | awk -vs1="'" '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){printf("%s%s%s%s",s1,$i,s1,i%5==0?RS:(i==NF?RS:OFS))}}' OFS=", "

Output will be as follows.
Code:
'SYS', 'SYSTEM', 'DBSNMP', 'RMAN', 'AAA'
'BBB', 'CCC', 'DDD', 'EEE', 'FFF'
'GGG', 'HHH', 'III', 'JJJ', 'KKK'
'LLL', 'MMM', 'NNN', 'OOO', 'PPP'
'QQQ', 'RRR', 'SSS', 'TTT', 'AAA'
'BBB', 'CCC'

So this is giving till 5 fields, similarly you could do for 6 or as per your need too by doing little fine tuning to above.

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Space delimited file to Tab delimited file

Hi all, I have a file with single white space delimited values, I want to convert them to a tab delimited file. I tried sed, tr ... but nothing is working. Thanks, Rajeevan D (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevs81
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting comma separated to pipe delimited file

Hi, I came across a very good script to convert a comma seperated to pipe delimited file in this forum. the script serves most of the requirement but looks like it does not handle embedded double quotes and commas i.e if the input is like 1234, "value","first,second", "LDC5"monitor",... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting Pipe delimited file to Tab Delimited

I have a file which was pipe delimited, I need to make it tab delimited. I tried with sed but no use cat file | sed 's/|//t/g' The above command substituted "/t" not tab in the place of pipe. Sample file: abc|123|2012-01-30|2012-04-28|xyz have to convert to: abc 123... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make tab delimited file to space delimited?

Hi How to make tab delimited file to space delimited? in put file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl o/p file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting varied space delimited file to Pipedemilited

Hi all, I have source file, data looks like 12345 abc def 01 / 001200 C 2000 12345 abc def 01 / 001200 C 2500 12345 abcd def 01 / 001200 C 3500 18945 xyz pqr 01 / 009900 D 4000 5000 2800 9900 Expected ouput... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srk409
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change a line of text to a comma delimited string?

Hi, Is there a one-liner that I can use to change a line of text into a comma delimited string? For example, convert user1 user2 user3 user4to user1,user2,user3,user4Currently using while read x, although got the extra comma at the end that I have to remove manually. Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert a comma delimited string to records or lines of text?

Hi, I am not sure if I've posted this question before. Anyway, I previously asked about converting lines of text into a comma delimited string. Now I am needing to do the other way around ... :( :o Can anyone advise how is this possible? Example as below: Converting records/lines to... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need help on an old post - How to convert a comma delimited string to records or lines of text?

Hi, Apologies in advance to the moderator if I am posting this the wrong way. I've searched and found the solution to an old post but as it is a very old post, I don't see an option to update it with additional question. The question I have is in relation to the following post: How to... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
DBI::SQL::Nano(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 DBI::SQL::Nano(3)

NAME
DBI::SQL::Nano - a very tiny SQL engine SYNOPSIS
BEGIN { $ENV{DBI_SQL_NANO}=1 } # forces use of Nano rather than SQL::Statement use DBI::SQL::Nano; use Data::Dumper; my $stmt = DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement->new( "SELECT bar,baz FROM foo WHERE qux = 1" ) or die "Couldn't parse"; print Dumper $stmt; DESCRIPTION
"DBI::SQL::Nano" is meant as a very minimal SQL engine for use in situations where SQL::Statement is not available. In most situations you are better off installing SQL::Statement although DBI::SQL::Nano may be faster for some very simple tasks. DBI::SQL::Nano, like SQL::Statement is primarily intended to provide a SQL engine for use with some pure perl DBDs including DBD::DBM, DBD::CSV, DBD::AnyData, and DBD::Excel. It is not of much use in and of itself. You can dump out the structure of a parsed SQL statement, but that is about it. USAGE
Setting the DBI_SQL_NANO flag By default, when a "DBD" uses "DBI::SQL::Nano", the module will look to see if "SQL::Statement" is installed. If it is, SQL::Statement objects are used. If SQL::Statement is not available, DBI::SQL::Nano objects are used. In some cases, you may wish to use DBI::SQL::Nano objects even if SQL::Statement is available. To force usage of DBI::SQL::Nano objects regardless of the availability of SQL::Statement, set the environment variable DBI_SQL_NANO to 1. You can set the environment variable in your shell prior to running your script (with SET or EXPORT or whatever), or else you can set it in your script by putting this at the top of the script: BEGIN { $ENV{DBI_SQL_NANO} = 1 } Supported SQL syntax Here's a pseudo-BNF. Square brackets [] indicate optional items; Angle brackets <> indicate items defined elsewhere in the BNF. statement ::= DROP TABLE [IF EXISTS] <table_name> | CREATE TABLE <table_name> <col_def_list> | INSERT INTO <table_name> [<insert_col_list>] VALUES <val_list> | DELETE FROM <table_name> [<where_clause>] | UPDATE <table_name> SET <set_clause> <where_clause> | SELECT <select_col_list> FROM <table_name> [<where_clause>] [<order_clause>] the optional IF EXISTS clause ::= * similar to MySQL - prevents errors when trying to drop a table that doesn't exist identifiers ::= * table and column names should be valid SQL identifiers * especially avoid using spaces and commas in identifiers * note: there is no error checking for invalid names, some will be accepted, others will cause parse failures table_name ::= * only one table (no multiple table operations) * see identifier for valid table names col_def_list ::= * a parens delimited, comma-separated list of column names * see identifier for valid column names * column types and column constraints may be included but are ignored e.g. these are all the same: (id,phrase) (id INT, phrase VARCHAR(40)) (id INT PRIMARY KEY, phrase VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL) * you are *strongly* advised to put in column types even though they are ignored ... it increases portability insert_col_list ::= * a parens delimited, comma-separated list of column names * as in standard SQL, this is optional select_col_list ::= * a comma-separated list of column names * or an asterisk denoting all columns val_list ::= * a parens delimited, comma-separated list of values which can be: * placeholders (an unquoted question mark) * numbers (unquoted numbers) * column names (unquoted strings) * nulls (unquoted word NULL) * strings (delimited with single quote marks); * note: leading and trailing percent mark (%) and underscore (_) can be used as wildcards in quoted strings for use with the LIKE and CLIKE operators * note: escaped single quotation marks within strings are not supported, neither are embedded commas, use placeholders instead set_clause ::= * a comma-separated list of column = value pairs * see val_list for acceptable value formats where_clause ::= * a single "column/value <op> column/value" predicate, optionally preceded by "NOT" * note: multiple predicates combined with ORs or ANDs are not supported * see val_list for acceptable value formats * op may be one of: < > >= <= = <> LIKE CLIKE IS * CLIKE is a case insensitive LIKE order_clause ::= column_name [ASC|DESC] * a single column optional ORDER BY clause is supported * as in standard SQL, if neither ASC (ascending) nor DESC (descending) is specified, ASC becomes the default TABLES
DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement operates on exactly one table. This table will be opened by inherit from DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement and implements the "open_table" method. sub open_table ($$$$$) { ... return Your::Table->new( \%attributes ); } DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement_ expects a rudimentary interface is implemented by the table object, as well as SQL::Statement expects. package Your::Table; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw(DBI::SQL::Nano::Table); sub drop ($$) { ... } sub fetch_row ($$$) { ... } sub push_row ($$$) { ... } sub push_names ($$$) { ... } sub truncate ($$) { ... } sub seek ($$$$) { ... } The base class interfaces are provided by DBI::SQL::Nano::Table_ in case of relying on DBI::SQL::Nano or SQL::Eval::Table (see SQL::Eval for details) otherwise. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
There are no known bugs in DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement. If you find a one and want to report, please see DBI for how to report bugs. DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement is designed to provide a minimal subset for executing SQL statements. The most important limitation might be the restriction on one table per statement. This implies, that no JOINs are supported and there cannot be any foreign key relation between tables. The where clause evaluation of DBI::SQL::Nano::Statement is very slow (SQL::Statement uses a precompiled evaluation). INSERT can handle only one row per statement. To insert multiple rows, use placeholders as explained in DBI. The DBI::SQL::Nano parser is very limited and does not support any additional syntax such as brackets, comments, functions, aggregations etc. In contrast to SQL::Statement, temporary tables are not supported. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
Tim Bunce provided the original idea for this module, helped me out of the tangled trap of namespaces, and provided help and advice all along the way. Although I wrote it from the ground up, it is based on Jochen Wiedmann's original design of SQL::Statement, so much of the credit for the API goes to him. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT
This module is originally written by Jeff Zucker < jzucker AT cpan.org > This module is currently maintained by Jens Rehsack < jrehsack AT cpan.org > Copyright (C) 2010 by Jens Rehsack, all rights reserved. Copyright (C) 2004 by Jeff Zucker, all rights reserved. You may freely distribute and/or modify this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (GPL) or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. perl v5.18.2 2013-06-24 DBI::SQL::Nano(3)