Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting a header with special character Post 302980765 by RudiC on Friday 2nd of September 2016 03:29:22 AM
Old 09-02-2016
Don't use but " .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a character in a data file

Can some one tell me how I can insert a "|" (pipe) at the 15th column throughout a file? examples: to insert at begining of line i use :g/^/s//\|/ to insert at ene of line i use :g/$/s//\|/ how can i insert at the 15th column position. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting character in every line

help me, is there any script i can use to insert a single character in every line of the whole file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakid
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a String in a file header.

Dear all, I have a file created in the name sample.txt in UNIX with header and footer. How to insert a required string (for example "FILE1") in the header part after the file has been created. What kind of command can i use to do the same. Thanks in advance Hari (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a character between string

i have a file contains like this: i want to create a script that will insert a comma "." after the 10th character so it would be look like this thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakid
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Header and footer

Hi All, I have several txt files i need to enter specific header and footer (both are separate) to all these files how can i do this? plz help.. Regards, Raghav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Inserting a header with column number to a 1.6 GB file with special spacing

Hi; I've been searching posts to find a solution to what I'm trying to do, but I've have NOT found anything yet. I have a file (file1) with 300K columns and 1411 rows, the columns don't have a column no. header (No header at all) and I'm trying to fetch the information from specific columns.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting header after every nth line

Hi Experts, I have a file which contain hundreds of records/lines. I want to insert the below header in the file after every 60 lines. #Header FirstName LastName Address --------- ---------- --------- Let say I saved the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Header to another file

Need your help in appending header(file1 contains header ) to my file2. I am using KSH AIX OS. I know how to do with taking temporary files. cat file1 >temp cat file2 >>temp mv temp file2 Is there way to append directly to a file in ksh. I don't find Sed -i option on my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inserting Header at different position in a file

I would like to hear your directions on how to Insert theses tag </TITLE> and <TEXT> at a given position in 1000 of text files. My Files look like as samplefile1.txt <DOC> <DOCNO>3_September_2012</DOCNO> <TITLE> ... ... ... .... ... .. .. .. ... .. .. .... </TITLE> <TEXT> .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
1 Replies
APPROX-GC(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      APPROX-GC(8)

NAME
approx-gc - garbage-collect the cache of Debian archive files SYNOPSIS
approx-gc [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
approx-gc scans the cache created by approx(8) and finds files that are corrupted or no longer needed. With no options specified, these files are listed on standard output and removed from the cache. A corrupted file is one whose size or checksum does not match the value specified in the Packages or Sources file. An unneeded file is one that is not referenced from any distribution's Packages or Sources file. approx-gc may take several minutes to finish. OPTIONS
-c file, --config file Specify an additional configuration file. May be used multiple times. -f, --fast Don't perform checksum validation. -k, --keep, -s, --simulate Don't remove files from the cache. -q, --quiet Don't print file names. -v, --verbose Print the reason for removal of each file. EXAMPLES
To remove all unneeded or corrupted files from the cache: approx-gc --quiet This is run as a weekly cron(8) job. To list the files that would be removed from the cache, without actually doing so: approx-gc --keep FILES
/etc/approx/approx.conf Configuration file for approx and related programs. /var/cache/approx Default cache directory for archive files. SEE ALSO
approx.conf(5), approx(8), cron(8) AUTHOR
Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> May 2011 APPROX-GC(8)