Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting a header with special character Post 302980719 by Peasant on Thursday 1st of September 2016 11:05:22 AM
Old 09-01-2016
Your echo command works here on debian 8, printing chars correctly.
Can you give printf a try ?
Code:
printf "%s\u0109%s\u0109%s\u0109" "header1" "header2" "header3" > file.txt

Also, wrong forum part, you should use code tags and please specify your operating system and shell.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a character in a data file

Can some one tell me how I can insert a "|" (pipe) at the 15th column throughout a file? examples: to insert at begining of line i use :g/^/s//\|/ to insert at ene of line i use :g/$/s//\|/ how can i insert at the 15th column position. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting character in every line

help me, is there any script i can use to insert a single character in every line of the whole file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dakid
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a String in a file header.

Dear all, I have a file created in the name sample.txt in UNIX with header and footer. How to insert a required string (for example "FILE1") in the header part after the file has been created. What kind of command can i use to do the same. Thanks in advance Hari (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting a character between string

i have a file contains like this: i want to create a script that will insert a comma "." after the 10th character so it would be look like this thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dakid
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Header and footer

Hi All, I have several txt files i need to enter specific header and footer (both are separate) to all these files how can i do this? plz help.. Regards, Raghav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Inserting a header with column number to a 1.6 GB file with special spacing

Hi; I've been searching posts to find a solution to what I'm trying to do, but I've have NOT found anything yet. I have a file (file1) with 300K columns and 1411 rows, the columns don't have a column no. header (No header at all) and I'm trying to fetch the information from specific columns.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sogi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting header after every nth line

Hi Experts, I have a file which contain hundreds of records/lines. I want to insert the below header in the file after every 60 lines. #Header FirstName LastName Address --------- ---------- --------- Let say I saved the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Header to another file

Need your help in appending header(file1 contains header ) to my file2. I am using KSH AIX OS. I know how to do with taking temporary files. cat file1 >temp cat file2 >>temp mv temp file2 Is there way to append directly to a file in ksh. I don't find Sed -i option on my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inserting Header at different position in a file

I would like to hear your directions on how to Insert theses tag </TITLE> and <TEXT> at a given position in 1000 of text files. My Files look like as samplefile1.txt <DOC> <DOCNO>3_September_2012</DOCNO> <TITLE> ... ... ... .... ... .. .. .. ... .. .. .... </TITLE> <TEXT> .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imranrasheedamu
1 Replies
PSFXTABLE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PSFXTABLE(1)

NAME
psfxtable - handle Unicode character tables for console fonts SYNOPSIS
psfxtable [-i infont] [-o outfont] [-it intable] [-ot outtable] [-nt] DESCRIPTION
psfxtable handles the embedded Unicode character table for .psf format console fonts. It reads a font and possibly a table and writes a font and/or a table. psfaddtable(1), psfgettable(1) and psfstriptable(1) are links to it. Each of the filenames infont, outfont, intable, and outtable may be replaced by a single dash (-), in which case standard input or standard output is used. If no -i option is given, the font is read from standard input. If no -it or -o or -ot option is given, no input table is read or no output font or output table is written. By default the output font (if any) will have a Unicode table when either the input font has one, or an explicit table (which overrides an input font table) has been provided. The option -nt causes output of a font without table. When outfont is requested it will get a psf1 header when infont has a psf1 header and intable does not have sequences and a psf2 header otherwise. SEE ALSO
setfont(8), psfaddtable(1), psfgettable(1), psfstriptable(1) 9 Dec 1999 PSFXTABLE(1)