Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Privilege ids list
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Privilege ids list Post 302980405 by ggayathri on Saturday 27th of August 2016 01:59:00 AM
Old 08-27-2016
That did not help, sorry! There is no output produced by the grep & awk command

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shutdown Privilege

Friends, I have to grant SHUTDOWN privilege to an ordinary user. How this can be achieved? J1yant (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j1yant
4 Replies

2. Programming

List of Thread IDs of a process

Hello, Can some one tell how to read the thread IDs of the current process in Sun Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. regards, Murali (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How create a large list of document ids in VI

How can I create a large list of document ids, about a 1,000 or more in a list without having to type them in? If I can list these documents ids with one command I know how to transfer the output to a new vi list. But how can I strip unwanted extra information in this list and leave only the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruben7566
1 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Please list email ids or contact info of members

Hi , Is it possible to list the user's email id for further communication. Thanks, MoonwalaPL (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moonwalapl
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count the distinct list of ids

Hello guys, I have a file in the following format(each line seperated by TAB): ========= Filename id Filename id1 Filename id Filename1 id7 Filename1 id7 Filename2 id1 Filename2 id1 Filename2 id3 Filename3 id2 Filename3 id4 Filename3 id4 Filename3 id6 ========= I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what does the x privilege mean?

what does x(in rwx) privilege mean? just text files or shell script files? that's so confusing. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kang
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Retrieving a list of "orphan" ids

I have a situation where I would like to retrieve a list of ids on AIX 5.3 server, which do not have proper gecos information. The need is to fix all of these ids before it gets flagged as an audit exposure. Can someone please help me with a command/script to retrieve this list? G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get list of all functional ids in Solaris?

Hi, I wanted to check which all functional ids have been set up to be used as sftp functional ids? Where can I find this data in solaris machine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidnow
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List out Process ids restarted today

Hi, I need to list out the processes which are started/restarted today in my Solaris box. If not possible need to convert the process uptime in minutes or seconds and compare it with a configurable value to list out those process ids for further processing in my scripting. Can any one guide... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List of all ids,groups, privilege ids

I wish to pull out a list of all user ids on the system, including the privileged ids, the groups to which they belong to. Sometimes after deleting an id also, its home dir does not get deleted or an entry is left behind in /etc/passwd. Can someone help me with a script to achieve both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
getprivgrp(2)							System Calls Manual						     getprivgrp(2)

NAME
getprivgrp(), setprivgrp() - get and set special attributes for group SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
getprivgrp() The system call returns a table of the privileged group assignments into a user-supplied structure. grplist points to an array of struc- tures of type associating a group ID with a privilege mask. Privilege masks are formed by ORing together elements from the access types specified in The array may have gaps in it, distinguished as having a field value of The group number gives the global privilege mask. Only information about groups which are in the user's group access list, or about the user's real or effective group ID, is returned to an ordinary user. The complete set is returned to a user with the privilege. setprivgrp() The system call associates a kernel capability with a group ID. This allows subletting of superuser-like privileges to members of a par- ticular group or groups. takes two arguments: grpid, the integer group ID, and mask, a mask of permissions. The mask is created by treat- ing the access types defined in as bit numbers (using 1 for the least significant bit). Thus, privilege number 5 would be represented by the bits or 16. More generally, privilege p is represented by: where is given 8 bits per byte. As it is possible to have more than word-size distinct privileges, mask is a pointer to an integer array of size privileges include those specified in the file A process can access the system call protected by a specific privileged group if it belongs to or has an effective group ID of a group having access to the system call. All processes are considered to belong to the pseudo-group Specifying a grpid of causes privileges to be revoked on all privileged groups that have any of the privileges specified in mask. Specify- ing a grpid of causes privileges to be granted to all processes. The constant in defines the system limit on the number of groups that can be assigned privileges. One of these is always the psuedo-group allowing for actual groups. Only processes with the privilege can use Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
and return the following values: Successful completion. Failure. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. grplist points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. If fails, is set to one of the following values. The request would require assigning privileges to more than groups. mask points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. mask has bits set for one or more unknown privileges. grpid is out of range. The caller is not a privileged user. EXAMPLES
The following example prints out and the group IDs of the privilege groups to which the user belongs: AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. SEE ALSO
getprivgrp(1), setprivgrp(1M), setgroups(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). getprivgrp(2)