Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Implicit FTPS error on Citrix Sharefile Post 302980187 by bakunin on Thursday 25th of August 2016 04:00:30 AM
Old 08-25-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by dips_ag
I get that the GUI tool is not closing the connection properly. So I waited one full day and then tried it again directly on UNIX box and I'm still getting the same error!! How to close these open connections and where?
The problem is not on the client but the server side and it is probably a misconfiguration because inactive connections should be reaped at some sensible interval (even if what "sensible" means may vary from one implementation to the other).

Issue a netstat -a on the server side and you should see the open sockets, probably with the status "ESTABLISHED" or "LISTEN".

What you do next depends on what exactly your system is, so you would have to tell us about the specifics of your "UNIX box". In most systems there is some kind of kernel parameter for how long to hold open inactive sessions, but what exactly it is depends on the system (and maybe the version) you use.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implicit Ping

Hi All I want some help in writing a script that will: 1. Implicitly ping a server to see if it is up or not. (I have blocked all ICMP traffic on that box) 2. if the server is down send an alert mail to users I have looked and looked but I could not get any way to do this. What I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

2. AIX

Implicit login in AIX

only wanted to know .. if I have some tivoli jobs running with different user .. will this mean that everytime the job invokes .. the .profile runs for that user ... or is it that the .profile runs only at explicit LOGINs ... e.g if a cron calls a job under some user, does it run the .profile of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_149
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP/implicit SSL

Hi, I want to FTP can some one help me how do I do this manually from unix command line Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridatos
2 Replies

4. Programming

implicit declaration of function 'reboot'

Hi, I'm tying to use the following function to reboot the system as part of my code #include <unistd.h> #include <linux/reboot.h> int restart(unsigned int delay) { sleep(delay); return reboot(LINUX_REBOOT_CMD_RESTART); } When I try to compile the code I get the warning in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: galapogos
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating ftp job using implicit ssl?

Can this be done? Or do you need some other program installed on the AIX box? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
6 Replies

6. SuSE

RPM implicit dependencies

Hi, I'm having issues with implicit dependencies for my RPM package. This is the error I'm getting: error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.11.1()(64bit) is needed by geomatica-10.4-0.x86_64 Our software has a dynamically loaded library which links to the Oracle's libclntsh.so.11.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pneveu
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP over implicit TSL - for dummies

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP over implicit TLS

Here are the essentials: un: myuser pw: mypasswd site: sftp.somesite.com port: 990 type: FTPS enc: FTP over implicit TLS program used: Curl 7.1.x on Hpux 11.31 I would like to "put" 1 file on there server. Here is my syntax, what am I doing wrong? curl -3 -v --cacert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best way to transfer files to remote FTPS server instead of local FTPS server

Hi, I am working on an application which runs on an Informatica Red-Hat 5.10 Linux Server. The application involves several Informatica ETL workflows which generate 100s of Text files with lot of data. Many of the files will each be up to 5 GB in size. Currently the Informatica server itself... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
7 Replies
SIEVESHELL(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     SIEVESHELL(1)

NAME
sieveshell - remotely manipulate sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
sieveshell [--user=user] [--authname=authname] [--realm=realm] [--exec=script] server[:port] sieveshell --help DESCRIPTION
sieveshell allows users to manipulate their scripts on a remote server. It works via MANAGESIEVE, a work in progress. The following commands are recognized: list list scripts on server. put <filename> upload script to server. get <name> [<filename>] get script. if no filename display to stdout delete <name> delete script. activate <name> activate script. deactivate deactivate all scripts. OPTIONS
-u user, --user=user The authorization name to request; by default, derived from the authentication credentials. -a authname, --authname=authname The user to use for authentication (defaults to current user). -r realm, --realm=realm The realm to attempt authentication in. -e script, --exec=script Instead of working interactively, run commands from script, and exit when done. REFERENCES
[MANAGESIEVE] Martin, T.; "A Protocol for Remotely Managing Sieve Scripts", draft-ietf-managesieve-03.txt, Mirapoint, Inc.; May 2001, work in progress. AUTHOR
Tim Martin <tmartin@mirapoint.com>, and the rest of the Cyrus team <cyrus-bugs@andrew.cmu.edu>. perl v5.10.0 2008-04-04 SIEVESHELL(1)