Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh) Post 302980177 by SA_Palani on Thursday 25th of August 2016 01:38:48 AM
Old 08-25-2016
Question Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends,
Please help me on this
my script name is send.csh
In this i have written the statement like this
Code:
           set args = ( city state country price )

I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell
or
how to pass to shebang shell and use it from there

Thanks in advance

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 08-25-2016 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array from SHELL to C function

Hi, I have an output generated from a shell script like; 0x41,0xF2,0x59,0xDD,0x86,0xD3,0xEF,0x61,0xF2 How can I pass this value to the C function, as below; int main(int argc, char *argv) { unsigned char hellopdu={above value}; } Regards Elthox (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elthox
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to pass C array as input to Shell script

Hi, In the below C code , i want to pass the array to a unix shel script. my script should called as ex myscript 1,2,3 #include <stdio.h> int main() { int a={1,2,3}; } Thanks, Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we pass an array of strings from a Perl Program to a Shell Script?

Hi Folks, The subject is my question: Can we pass an array of strings from a Perl Program to a Shell Script? Please provide some sample code. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:43 PM ---------- I got it. Its here:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array to a function in shell script.?

hi, I have a array say SAP_ARRAY="s1.txt" SAP_ARRAY="s2.txt" how can i pass this full array to a function. here is the sample code i am using.. CHECK_NO_FILES() { FARRAY=$1 echo "FARRAY = $FARRAY" echo "FARRAY = $FARRAY" ............... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass array to shell and print

How do i pass an array from test4.sh to a function in another shell script test5.sh, basically i am sourcing the test5.sh in test4.sh and printing the contents, but not working below are my trial scripts, please help, thank you. #!/bin/bash # /usr/local/dw/archive/test5.sh print_array() {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to write Config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write config shell script to pass variables in master shell script?

Dear Unix gurus, We have a config shell script file which has 30 variables which needs to be passed to master unix shell script that invokes oracle database sessions. So those 30 variables need to go through the database sessions (They are inputs) via a shell script. one of the variable name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass and read an array in ksh shell script function.?

I'm able to read & print an array in varaible called "filelist" I need to pass this array variable to a function called verify() and then read and loop through the passed array inside the function. Unfortunately it does not print the entire array from inside the funstion's loop. #/bin/ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)