Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSV joining and checking multiple files Post 302980040 by SDohmen on Tuesday 23rd of August 2016 06:03:55 AM
Old 08-23-2016
Instead of the supplier field use the Manufacturer field and you are right on the spot.

The supplier field is something we add after the joining etc has been done. It can be ignored.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Joining 2 CSV files together

I need a little help as I am a complete novice at scripting in unix. However, i am posed with an issue... i have two csv files in the following format@ FILE1.CSV: HEADER HEADER Header , , HEADER 001X ,,200 002X ,,300 003X ,,300 004X ,,300 FILE2.CSV: HEADER HEADER Header , ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chachabronson
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining files based on multiple keys

I need a script (perl or awk..anything is fine) to join 3 files based on three key columns. The no of non-key columns can vary in each file. The columns are delimited by semicolon. For example, File1 Dim1;Dim2;Dim3;Fact1;Fact2;Fact3;Fact4;Fact5 ---- data delimited by semicolon --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebben
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

joining multiple files into one while putting the filename in the file

Hello, I know how to join multiple files using the cat function. I want to do something a little more advanced. Basically I want to put the filename in the first column... One thing to note is that the file is tab delimited. e.g. file1.txt joe 1 4 5 6 7 3 manny 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining string on multiple files

Hi guys, I am a forum (and a bit of a unix) newbie, and I currently have a tricky problem lying ahead of me. I have multiple files, and I am looking to join the files on the first column. Example: File 1 andy b 100 amy c 200 amy d 300 File 2 andy c 200 amy c 100 clyde o 50 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdr0317
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the existance of multiple files

I am trying to execute the following command to check the existance of a file (which has a date timestamp on it). If there are more than one file, then also it should give me 'success' result. if then <do some work> else <no files> fi Since there are more than one... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files based on one column with different and similar values (shell or perl)

Hi, I have nine files looking similar to file1 & file2 below. File1: 1 ABCA1 1 ABCC8 1 ABR:N 1 ACACB 1 ACAP2 1 ACOT1 1 ACSBG 1 ACTR1 1 ACTRT 1 ADAMT 1 AEN:N 1 AKAP1File2: 1 A4GAL 1 ACTBL 1 ACTL7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seqbiologist
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

checking csv files with empty fields..!

Hi! I need to learn that how a shell script can transverse a csv file n check if any field is empty or not. means its contains two comma or space b/w commas i.e., "" or " ". can anyone help me out how I can do that.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Other alternative for joining together columns from multiple files

Hi again, I have monthly one-column files of roughly around 10 years. Is there a more efficient way to concatenate these files column-wise other than using paste command? For instance: file1.txt 12 13 15 12 file2.txt 14 15 18 19 file3.txt 20 21 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining different columns from multiple files

Hello again, I am trying to join 3rd column of 3 files into the end on one file and save it separately... my data looks like this file 1 Bob, Green, 80 Mark, Brown, 70 Tina, Smith, 60 file 2 Bob, Green, 70 Mark, Brown, 60 Tina, Smith, 50 file 3 Bob, Green, 50 Mark, Brown,60 Tina,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Export Oracle multiple tables to multiple csv files using UNIX shell scripting

Hello All, just wanted to export multiple tables from oracle sql using unix shell script to csv file and the below code is exporting only the first table. Can you please suggest why? or any better idea? export FILE="/abc/autom/file/geo_JOB.csv" Export= `sqlplus -s dev01/password@dEV3... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hope
16 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)