Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Concatenation of different reports dynamically Post 302980003 by Don Cragun on Monday 22nd of August 2016 06:02:06 PM
Old 08-22-2016
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment This thread seems to be a duplicate of the thread Concatenation of files with same naming patterns dynamically. Please continue any further discussion of this topic there.

There thread is closed.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-23-2016 at 04:06 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement cron job to run my reports dynamically?

How to implement cron job. Ex: I need to run SQR reports dynamically by using cron job. How can I implement cron job in shell.. If any one is having sample script in any shell that would be great help to me. Thanks Siva (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siva
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

What is syntax for String concatenation? I have $1 as directory. $var is some variable value '/' String value. How do I have to concatenate if I have to run utility - util $1 followed by '/' followed by $var There is no space between these three. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

string concatenation

my input file contains thousands of lines like below 234A dept of education 9788 dept of commerce 8677 dept of engineering How do i add a delimeter ':' after FIRST 4 CHARACTERS in a line 234A:dept of education 9788:dept of commerce 8677:dept of engineering (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemsb
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Concatenation

Hi, I want to write a generic shell script, which can concatenate n number of files passed as parameter ;to an output file which is again a parameter Example catfl.sh outfl.txt a.txt b.txt c.txt (3 files to be concatenated into a file outfl.txt) catfl.sh outfl.txt a.txt b.txt(2 files to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation

How can I do this: date = 4 -----------> 04 Month= 3-----------> 03 I wish to make a varibale named Var1 which will hold the value of current date and month value as: 2 digits for date. 2 digits for month. So finally var1 should hold value as 0403 --- MMDD (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

String concatenation

Hi, I have two files. cat file.txt a b c d cat file1.txt j k l m I need the output as a:j (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshkumar522
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line concatenation help

please help me on this.... cat /xx.txt 2:1 2 2:2 24 8:0 0 9:0 0 Expected result would be 2:1 2 2:2 24 8:0 0 9:0 0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in Concatenation/Joining of lines in a dynamically generated file

Hi, I have a file containing many records delimited by pipe (|). Each record should contain 17 columnns/fields. there are some fields having fields less than 17.So i am extracting those records to a file using the below command awk 'BEGIN {FS="|"} NF !=17 {print}' feedfile.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX/Linux help in concatenation of multiple reports

Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.ACCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.BCCD" "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CCCD"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenation of files with same naming patterns dynamically

Since my last threads were closed on account of spamming, keeping just this one opened! Hi, I have the following reports that get generated every 1 hour and this is my requirement: 1. 5 reports get generated every hour with the names "Report.Dddmmyy.Thhmiss.CTLR"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
5 Replies
libglib-2.0.3(3)					 Introduction to Library Functions					  libglib-2.0.3(3)

NAME
libglib-2.0, libgmodule-2.0, libgthread-2.0 - general purpose utility library, GLib support for dynamic plug-ins, GLib support for thread abstraction DESCRIPTION
GLib is a general-purpose utility library, which provides many useful data types, macros, type conversions, string utilities, a main loop abstraction, and so on. libgmodule-2.0 provides a portable method of dynamically loading plug-ins or shared object modules. libgthread-2.0 provides a thread abstraction which includes threads, different mutex methods, conditions, and thread private data. It also provides different useful patterns such as thread pools. To access the API documentation, you must install the developer version of the package. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so GNOME general purpose shared library /usr/lib/libgmodule-2.0.GLib dynamic plug-in shared library /usr/lib/libgthread-2.0.GLib thread abstraction shared library /usr/share/gtk-doc/html Location of developer documentation ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-base-libs SUNWg- | | |nome-base-libs-64 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
glib-genmarshal(1), libgobject-2.0(3), glib-gettextize(3), glib-mkenums(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2004. SunOS 5.10 31 Aug 2004 libglib-2.0.3(3)