Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VIOS Configuration Question
Operating Systems AIX VIOS Configuration Question Post 302979326 by zaxxon on Friday 12th of August 2016 10:15:22 AM
Old 08-12-2016
Hi XrAy Smilie

Just to make sure I understand the plan you attached:
  • The bundle of EtherChannels and SEAs is just shown abstract I assume?
  • The "abstract?" SEA has a PVID of 2999?
  • If there is no abstract bundle, have the vNICs just tagged more than 1 VLAN ID and all are bundled via LACP to a big one?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configuration Newbie Question

Hi - I am fairly new with unix. I have a unix box, installed with Solaris 2.8. I can get the box hooked up to the internet, not using DHCP but static IP address behind a Linksys firewall. However, I cannot telnet to the unix box or from within the unix box. If I telnet from a windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trigeek8888
8 Replies

2. Linux

xterm font colors - configuration question?

When I telnet (ssh) over to my Fedora system, I find the colors horrible. For instance, regular files are white text, which is fine, but directories show up as dark blue which is virtually invisible against the black background). Additionally, when using vi, I find the colors great doing perl... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripley
3 Replies

3. Debian

gnome file manager configuration question

Is there a way to configure the gnome file manager to open each directory in the same window instead of opening a new one? (Debian 5.0.0) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH Configuration Question

In sshd_config it is written: # The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with # OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where # possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a # default value. So does that mean for the following: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS

Can anybody provide me with usefull links to get knowledge how VIOS works and how to configure Lpars on it? I am tired and feel lazy to search through IBM redbooks :-) .. so pls help me :p (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wwwzviadi
3 Replies

6. Debian

Question on the dhcp-server configuration for a fixed IP address.

Hi , when i configure my server with a fixed ip address in dhcpd.conf as below subnet 172.21.151.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 { range 172.21.151.66 172.21.151.66; } host switch { hardware ethernet 00:05:30:02:DB:31; fixed-address 172.21.151.66; } when i start dhcpd server , it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free Radius Configuration question

Solaris 10 on an X86 box - Config runs fine has a couple of items in log (really long log file). When I try make I get make: Fatal error in reader: Make.inc, line 84: Unexpected end of line seen line 84 is LIBRADIUS_WITH_OPENSSL = 1 any ideas on what to try? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NeedLotsofHelp
1 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

9. AIX

VIOS 2.2.4.10 - Errors

Hi, $ ioslevel 2.2.4.10 I always get these errors when I perform any action using the web interface of IVM / VIOS Shutdown Partitions Help You have chosen to shutdown the following partitions. The recommended shutdown method is to use the client operating systems shutdown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

10. Solaris

IPMP Configuration Question/Problem

Hi, I have two physical interface connected to solaris box. 1. e1000g1 2. e1000g2 I have added these interfaced under a same IPMP group "IPMP1" After that I have configured a test address for e1000g1 like below ifconfig e1000g1 addif <ip-address> netmask + broadcast + -failover... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveensharma21
1 Replies
Module::Install::Bundle(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Module::Install::Bundle(3pm)

NAME
Module::Install::Bundle - Bundle distributions along with your distribution SYNOPSIS
Have your Makefile.PL read as follows: use inc::Module::Install; name 'Foo-Bar'; all_from 'lib/Foo/Bar.pm'; requires 'Baz' => '1.60'; # one of either: bundle 'Baz' => '1.60'; # OR: auto_bundle; WriteAll; DESCRIPTION
Module::Install::Bundle allows you to bundle a CPAN distribution within your distribution. When your end-users install your distribution, the bundled distribution will be installed along with yours, unless a newer version of the bundled distribution already exists on their local filesystem. While bundling will increase the size of your distribution, it has several benefits: Allows installation of bundled distributions when CPAN is unavailable Allows installation of bundled distributions when networking is unavailable Allows everything your distribution needs to be packaged in one place Bundling differs from auto-installation in that when it comes time to install, a bundled distribution will be installed based on the distribution bundled with your distribution, whereas with auto-installation the distibution to be installed will be acquired from CPAN and then installed. METHODS
o auto_bundle() Takes no arguments, will bundle every distribution specified by a "requires()". When you, as a module author, do a "perl Makefile.PL" the latest versions of the distributions to be bundled will be acquired from CPAN and placed in inc/BUNDLES/. o bundle($name, $version) Takes a list of key/value pairs specifying a distribution name and version number. When you, as a module author, do a perl Makefile.PL the distributions that you specified with "bundle()" will be acquired from CPAN and placed in inc/BUNDLES/. o bundle_deps($name, $version) Same as "bundle", except that all dependencies of the bundled modules are also detected and bundled. To use this function, you need to declare the minimum supported perl version first, like this: perl_version( '5.005' ); o auto_bundle_deps Same as "auto_bundle", except that all dependencies of the bundled modules are also detected and bundled. This function has the same constraints as bundle_deps. BUGS
Please report any bugs to (patches welcome): http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Module-Install AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org> Documentation by Adam Foxson <afoxson@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003, 2004, 2005 by Audrey Tang <autrijus@autrijus.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-01 Module::Install::Bundle(3pm)