Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Newbie With Linux Clustering, Need Help!! Post 302978949 by IncognitoExpert on Saturday 6th of August 2016 03:37:54 PM
Old 08-06-2016
Jim,
Thanks so much. I understand that the question was a bit vague, but it was because of too much information about relevant and related technologies going around.
I could not ask clearly that I need to start with a simple cluster and then try out some of these sophisticated tools.

I will make use of the chart and the link about the MPICH cluster.
I can try it alright, but there is a potential problem in near future that I can foresee. I have an application to run with OpenMPI. So if I install a MPICH cluster, can I then Install OpenMPI and run the MPI application with it instead of MPICH implementation??

thanks again!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux newbie question...

I'm running Vector Linux on this computer, and everythign works fine, except for the NIC. I run netconfig, and then when I reboot it says: DC21140 at 0x9400(PCI BUS 0, device 11) h/w address 00:00:C0:2E:13:dC, and reqquires IRQ 9(provided by PCI BIOS) Setting up net subsytems. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corey
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Newbie

I have installed Linux 7.2 and win 2000 but it only boot up with win 2000 . . could someone plz, help me out i know i have to change the settings in Lilo but how do i get access to the system i have created an startdisk but it tries to reinstall the system all the time, the system is alredy in but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sajjan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64

Dear All Experts, Would like to know the maturity/ stability of Redhat Linux AS 3.0 and Solaris. My organization need to setup cluster solution. We are well-versed with Veritas Cluster on Solaris. We are thinking of waiting for certification support of the various ISV like Oracle, Veritas... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Newbie Linux

Hi With ur support and co-operation i have installed Redhat linux enterprise edition 4.0 in my home PC Can some one tell me what is Yum installer and what are its adavantages, and wher can i get that downaload and how to install it ( many queries at a time, but im very new to linux) And also... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balumankala
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit)

Hello Professionals, We have high-end HP rack servers. We need to provide application fail-over for business continuity. We have done benchmarking of the application on RHEL 5.2 on HP servers to estimate the hardware requirement so as to meet next 3-5 years business growth. Presently we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kgayyar
1 Replies

6. Fedora

Newbie at Linux Kernel programming!

Hi Friends, This is my first ever post on this forum. I am a new user in the Linux field. Although, I have been working for sometime with CentOS at my work, I would consider myself an amateur only in this field. :D The way file system works in linux and the reason its open-source, has really... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohitrajjain
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Clustering

hi guys Some time ago I used Linux HA(Heartbeat) to setup like 3 cluster. Now I have to install another 2 cluster and was checking more info to be sure HA was still used but I found some other stuff like OpenAIS - Corosync - Pacemaker to tell you the truth I am kinda confused here I get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with simple Linux commands - NEWBIE here!

Hey guys, I need help with simple unix commands. I'm a newbie to Unix and don't know these commands. Any help is appreciated. 1. Logon to Linux. 2. Create a directory "Unix" under your home directory. Command(s): …………………………………………. 3. Create four... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: loverangerguy
1 Replies

9. Linux

Linux os clustering

Hi, I have done the OS clustering in linux redhat 5.6, my one node is down and when i am trying to reboot the other node it is not coming up. any pointer to this would be helpful. the SAN storage luns are not coming as mounted (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohitj.engg
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Application clustering in Linux Ubuntu

Dear, Please help me to configure application clustering in linux ubuntu. Application is running apache server. Please help Jewel ---------- Post updated at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:48 PM ---------- linuxvirtualserver dot org in this link i go there's three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel100
2 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)