Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help with pivoting table shell script Post 302978814 by wisecracker on Thursday 4th of August 2016 10:31:14 AM
Old 08-04-2016
Quote:
not matching my requirement ,
Do you honestly mean to tell me that NONE of the threads that are available on this site cannot be modified by you for yourself?
(I am at a loss.)

What is so special about your specific requirements, please show us a real example?!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a table in a shell script

Dear all: I want to write a script capable of reading specific rows and collumns of a table, into a variable. Just imagine i have a file named table.dat which contains: GENERAL INFORMATION Col 1 Col2 Col3 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 What i want to do... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiscarvalheiro
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To update a column in a table through shell script

Hi All, I need to write a shell script in UNIX that should accept booking number as an argument and update it with value "NULL" if the transaction date is greater than 2 years. Booking number and transaction_date are the two columns of the table table_booking. Something like this, through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating table from a shell script

I am trying to truncate a table using below script. When I ran the script it runs fine but table was not truncated and the spool is empty. I am not sure what is wrong with pl/sql block. #!/bin/ksh # ---------------------------------------------------------------------- # # Created by: XXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunaah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create DB table through shell script

Hi, Can anyone tell me that, How to create table in Oracle database through shell script(ksh). Table contains 3 fields, 1] Emp ID, String, primary key 2] Name, String 3] B Date, date. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing rows and columns (pivoting) using shell scripting

Here is the contents of an input file. A,1,2,3,4 10,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd 11,eee,fff,ggg,hhh 12,iii,jjj,lll,mmm 13,nnn,ooo,ppp I wanted the output to be A 10 1 aaa 10 2 bbb 10 3 ccc 10 4 ddd 11 1 eee 11 2 fff 11 3 ggg 11 4 hhh ..... and so on How to do it in ksh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksatish89
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Table

Hi, i need a bit help. I must write a script with shell- and sed-commands, which reads a table from stdin and writes a html-table on stdout (so i can open it with a web browser). The number of columns must be a parameter for the script, so i can start it for example with: "./htmltab.sh 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scruffytramp
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivoting using shell scripts

Hi , Please any one help using shell scripts achieve the below output(pivoting on top_cd i mean type code values will come as individual columns and fixed amount is value for that .Any help would be greate tx_id tx_amt typ_cd fixed_dis_amt 100 200 mc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download a db table through UNIX shell script

Hi, I'm an amateur and need your help in figuring this out. I have been asked to connect to a prod db from non-prod env., and download a table from prod db to non-prod env. I was able to connect to the prod db and then run a simple query as below. @@@@@@@@@@ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunpvp
7 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)