Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Help with pivoting table shell script Post 302978811 by senmatrix on Thursday 4th of August 2016 08:16:36 AM
Old 08-04-2016
not matching my requirement ,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a table in a shell script

Dear all: I want to write a script capable of reading specific rows and collumns of a table, into a variable. Just imagine i have a file named table.dat which contains: GENERAL INFORMATION Col 1 Col2 Col3 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 What i want to do... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiscarvalheiro
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Table Shell Script

I want to add some columns to a existing tables through a shell script. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

To update a column in a table through shell script

Hi All, I need to write a shell script in UNIX that should accept booking number as an argument and update it with value "NULL" if the transaction date is greater than 2 years. Booking number and transaction_date are the two columns of the table table_booking. Something like this, through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shilpa_acc
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncating table from a shell script

I am trying to truncate a table using below script. When I ran the script it runs fine but table was not truncated and the spool is empty. I am not sure what is wrong with pl/sql block. #!/bin/ksh # ---------------------------------------------------------------------- # # Created by: XXXX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gunaah
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create DB table through shell script

Hi, Can anyone tell me that, How to create table in Oracle database through shell script(ksh). Table contains 3 fields, 1] Emp ID, String, primary key 2] Name, String 3] B Date, date. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transposing rows and columns (pivoting) using shell scripting

Here is the contents of an input file. A,1,2,3,4 10,aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd 11,eee,fff,ggg,hhh 12,iii,jjj,lll,mmm 13,nnn,ooo,ppp I wanted the output to be A 10 1 aaa 10 2 bbb 10 3 ccc 10 4 ddd 11 1 eee 11 2 fff 11 3 ggg 11 4 hhh ..... and so on How to do it in ksh... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksatish89
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Table

Hi, i need a bit help. I must write a script with shell- and sed-commands, which reads a table from stdin and writes a html-table on stdout (so i can open it with a web browser). The number of columns must be a parameter for the script, so i can start it for example with: "./htmltab.sh 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scruffytramp
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pivoting using shell scripts

Hi , Please any one help using shell scripts achieve the below output(pivoting on top_cd i mean type code values will come as individual columns and fixed amount is value for that .Any help would be greate tx_id tx_amt typ_cd fixed_dis_amt 100 200 mc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download a db table through UNIX shell script

Hi, I'm an amateur and need your help in figuring this out. I have been asked to connect to a prod db from non-prod env., and download a table from prod db to non-prod env. I was able to connect to the prod db and then run a simple query as below. @@@@@@@@@@ ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunpvp
7 Replies
PTARGREP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PTARGREP(1)

NAME
ptargrep - Apply pattern matching to the contents of files in a tar archive SYNOPSIS
ptargrep [options] <pattern> <tar file> ... Options: --basename|-b ignore directory paths from archive --ignore-case|-i do case-insensitive pattern matching --list-only|-l list matching filenames rather than extracting matches --verbose|-v write debugging message to STDERR --help|-? detailed help message DESCRIPTION
This utility allows you to apply pattern matching to the contents of files contained in a tar archive. You might use this to identify all files in an archive which contain lines matching the specified pattern and either print out the pathnames or extract the files. The pattern will be used as a Perl regular expression (as opposed to a simple grep regex). Multiple tar archive filenames can be specified - they will each be processed in turn. OPTIONS
--basename (alias -b) When matching files are extracted, ignore the directory path from the archive and write to the current directory using the basename of the file from the archive. Beware: if two matching files in the archive have the same basename, the second file extracted will overwrite the first. --ignore-case (alias -i) Make pattern matching case-insensitive. --list-only (alias -l) Print the pathname of each matching file from the archive to STDOUT. Without this option, the default behaviour is to extract each matching file. --verbose (alias -v) Log debugging info to STDERR. --help (alias -?) Display this documentation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Grant McLean <grantm@cpan.org> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2013-08-25 PTARGREP(1)