Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare files to pull changed records only Post 302978587 by Don Cragun on Monday 1st of August 2016 02:01:08 PM
Old 08-01-2016
Since you're using a Solaris/SunOS system, you'll need to use /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk instead of awk. I don't see the need for the three arrays that rdrtx1 used... I think the following should run a tiny bit faster and use less memory while it is running:
Code:
/usr/xpg4/bin/awk '
NR == FNR {
	for(i = 2; i <= NF; i++)
		f1[$1] = f1[$1] SUBSEP $i
	next
}
$1 in f1 {
	f2 = ""
	for(i = 2; i <= NF; i++)
		f2 = f2 SUBSEP $i
	if(f1[$1] != f2)
		print
}' OldFile.txt NewFile.txt

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two flat files and get changed data

Hi, I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script With Regds Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Compare Files w/Multiline Records

I'm trying to compare the first column values in two different files that use a numerical value as the key and output the more meaningful value found in the second column of file1 in front of the matching line(s) in file2. My problem is that file2 has multiple records. For example given: FILE1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RacerX
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare files in two directories and output changed files to third directory

I have searched about 30 threads, a load of Google pages and cannot find what I am looking for. I have some of the parts but not the whole. I cannot seem to get the puzzle fit together. I have three folders, two of which contain different versions of multiple files, dist/file1.php dist/file2.php... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkeep
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Records between to files and extract it

I am not an expert in awk, SED, etc... but I really hope there is a way to do this, because I don't want to have to right a program. I am using C shell. FILE 1 FILE 2 H0000000 H0000000 MA1 MA1 CA1DDDDDD CA1AAAAAA MA2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pull date from header and append to all records

I did some searches, but couldn't really find what I'm looking for. I have a file formatted as below: BOF ABC CO - XYZ COMM DATA OF 07/05/2011 EBA00000001 sdfa rtyus uyml EBB00000001 54682 984w3 EBA00000002 mkiyuasdf 98234 I want to pull the date from the header record and add it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keeferb
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare data from 2 zip files and capture the new records from file2 to a new file

I have 2 zip files which have about 20 million records in each file. file 2 will have additional records than file 1. I want to compare the records in both the files and capture the new records from file 2 into another file file3. Please help me with a command/script which provides me the desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: koneru
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files having different number of columns and records

Hi , My requirement is to Compare 2 files having different number of columns and records and get the ouptut containing all the non-matching records from File A(with all column values ) .Example data below : File A contains following : Aishvarya |1234... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishvarya.singh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files with different number of records and output only the Extra records from file1

Hi Freinds , I have 2 files . File 1 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |pra|bhe|3|hyd |omu|hei|4|bnsj |uer|oeri|5|uery File 2 |nag|HYd|1|Che |esw|Gun|2|hyd |uer|oi|3|uery output : (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, identify common records and combine unique values into one file

Good morning all, I have a problem that is one step beyond a standard awk compare. I would like to compare three files which have several thousand records against a fourth file. All of them have a value in each row that is identical, and one value in each of those rows which may be duplicated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nashton
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - compare records of 1 file with 3 files

hi.. I want to compare records present in 1 file with those in 3 other files and print those records of file 1 which are not present in any of the files. for eg - file1 file2 file3 file4 1 1 5 7 2 2 6 9 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhiraj Singh
3 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)