Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh - variable to be set to windows path issue Post 302976881 by RudiC on Thursday 7th of July 2016 01:56:03 PM
Old 07-07-2016
Try single quotes: 'C:\Users\chill3chee\Desktop'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set Path variable in c shell

I set my path environment variable in c shell, using the syntax below setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/local:/usr/local/bin" and placed this in $HOME/.login $HOME/.cshrc and /etc/.login /etc/.cshrc but when I issued echo $PATH or set command the output does not reflect changes made to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How does the PATH and MANPATH environment variable get set?

Hi, How does the PATH and MANPATH environment variable get set? I want to add "/opt/SUNWspro/bin" to the search path for all the users. Where can I access this variable. I know in my home directory, depend on which shell I use, there are files such as .profile and .cshrc which I can edit to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set variable PATH

Hi, i know that this topic discussed for many times but although i had researched them i couldnt succeed in my problem. i am following a step-by-step instruction guide and must do the following: ------------- To ensure access, set the path PATH $ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin:$PATH and set the Perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merope
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to set path for the EDITOR variable?

For some reason something has changing in my AIX environment where when I type: ACLEDIT filename ...I get: 3002-104 acledit: EDITOR environment variable must be full pathname I know I need to reset the EDITOR variables path to /usr/bin/vi but I can't remember the syntax anyone? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heprox
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PATH variable set incorrectly?

I've noted that in order to use commands like ifconfig, I have to prefix the commands with the directory. /etc/profile shows that the paths should be part of the PATH environment variable; any idea where the bug is? :confused: # /etc/profile # System wide environment and startup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jon80
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set my PATH variable

Hello All, Hope you can understand my problem from the below code. $ cat ~/.profile PS1=`whoami`@`hostname`':$PWD $ ' export PATH="$PATH:.:/logarchive/utility/util:/usr/sbin:" $ echo $PATH /usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr/sbin: $ echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse output path to set variable

I am looking to parse a text file output and set variables based on what is cropped from the parsing. Below is my script I am looking to add this feature too. All it does is scan a certain area of users directories for anyone using up more than X amount of disk space. It then writes to the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: es760
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to set PATH through ksh shell

I'm trying to set path for the current session but it is not doing so. It works perfectly on command line though. #!/usr/bin/ksh PATH=$PATH:/opt/quest/bin Is there any specific way to set path on korn? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set variable to path that does not exist on local host

Can anyone suggest a workaround zone_5.org='/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn' output /home/bingo/XXX_script.sh: line 180: zone_5.org=/qaz/qwe/path/tns.osn: no parent The path does not exist on the local machine, the allocation used to work till the server was upgraded. Red Hat Enterprise Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file and set path in variable?

Hi Folks - I was wondering if you could help convert batch code in Linux? For instance, I use the following piece of code in DOS to find a file/executable, and then the FULL path as a variable. ::-- If startMaxl.exe exists, set full path --:: for %%D in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
4 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuPerl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters - Don't use quotes ("'", """, "`") as delimiters for the quote-like operators. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
With the obvious exception of using single-quotes to prevent interpolation, using quotes with the quote-like operators kind of defeats the purpose of them and produces obfuscated code, causing problems for future maintainers and their editors/IDEs. $x = q"q"; #not ok $x = q'q'; #not ok $x = q`q`; #not ok $x = qq"q"; #not ok $x = qr"r"; #not ok $x = qw"w"; #not ok $x = qx`date`; #not ok $x =~ m"m"; #not ok $x =~ s"s"x"; #not ok $x =~ tr"t"r"; #not ok $x =~ y"x"y"; #not ok $x =~ m'$x'; #ok $x =~ s'$x'y'; #ok $x = qr'$x'm; #ok $x = qx'finger foo@bar'; #ok CONFIGURATION
This policy has three options: "single_quote_allowed_operators", "double_quote_allowed_operators", and "back_quote_allowed_operators", which control which operators are allowed to use each of "'", """, "`" as delimiters, respectively. The values allowed for these options are a whitespace delimited selection of the "m", "q", "qq", "qr", "qw", "qx", "s", "tr", and "y" operators. By default, double quotes and back quotes (backticks) are not allowed as delimiters for any operators and single quotes are allowed as delimiters for the "m", "qr", "qx", and "s" operators. These defaults are equivalent to having the following in your .perlcriticrc: [ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters] single_quote_allowed_operators = m s qr qx double_quote_allowed_operators = back_quote_allowed_operators = SUGGESTED BY
Michael Schwern AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 Perl::Critic::Policy::ValuesAndExpressions::ProhibitQuotesAsQuotelikeOperatorDelimiters(3pm)