Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Ubuntu desktop RAID1 boot problem. Post 302976743 by Reol on Tuesday 5th of July 2016 10:43:52 AM
Old 07-05-2016
I added the blkid and mountings cat /etc/fstab .
The raid was configured in degraded mode during install. When the installation completed i selected continue testing and configured raid as follows:
Code:
 sudo mdadm --add /dev/md0 /dev/sdb2
sudo mdadm --add /dev/md1 /dev/sdb3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

2. Ubuntu

UBUNTU 8.1 Desktop Edition not running after installation

I am a new Ubuntu user, installing Ubuntu on Windows XP . The installation process is successful but after installing when I login , it just freezes with a blank screen for both XClient scripts and GNOME sessions. I have given 10 GB space to the installation. Also i noticed that the time... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: singla
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to create multiple-boot system with disks mirrored(RAID1+0) and disk alone

I have a HP proliant ML 570 G3 with two 146GB disk drives mirrored(RAID1+0) windows server 2003 was installed on that disk. I will add a disk.(scsi 300GB) I will install Linux on that additional disk. I want to create multiple-boot system. Is it possible? I wanna know how to create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifegeek
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Ubuntu creating a new user with Desktop

Hi, I am using Ubuntu 8.04 32-bit x86 m/c. I am using the following command to create an user. useradd -d /home/new_user -m new_user -s /bin/bash But, I am not get to see the "Desktop" directory automatically created. May I know how to create it by default? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I link my Ubuntu desktop to a separate partition?

I have a dual boot system on my laptop running Windows 7 professional and Ubuntu 10.10. I would like my windows 7 desktop C:\users\username\Desktop and also my Ubuntu 10.10 desktop /home/username/Desktop to both save their files to the same location somewhere...perhaps /windows (a 40 gb win32... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Get file on our windows desktop from a ubuntu server

Hello, How can I please have a program automatically upload some files from a ubuntu server to my machine desktop that is running windows XP? I would like to be able to do that from the windows machine itself. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to Get Started on Ubuntu Desktop for the first time

Hello Everyone, I have been using RHEL from quite a while now on server system, but now i also want to use Linux as my Desktop/Laptop OS on my personal computer. So i downloaded the Ubuntu 12.04 yeserday as i have read alot about it being the most popular Linux Desktop OS. So guys could you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Boot problem after updates, Ubuntu, black screen and cursor

I hope this is the correct forum, please forgive a newbie. Hi all, New to linux, ubuntu, and this forum. I have enjoyed ubuntu for the past few months, but after my last update installation ubuntu would boot to a black screen and blinking cursor. If I let it sit for a while it would give the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nutoubuntu
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Installing latest Ubuntu on my desktop

I wish to install the latest ubuntu on my desktop. How do I go about doing this ? Also how do I create the superuser or admin once the installation is done ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundaresh
3 Replies
seeded-in-ubuntu(1)					      General Commands Manual					       seeded-in-ubuntu(1)

NAME
seeded-in-ubuntu - Determine whether a package is safe to upload during a freeze SYNOPSIS
seeded-in-ubuntu [options] package... DESCRIPTION
Lists all the current daily images containing the specified packages. Or whether the package is part of the supported seed. If it isn't on an image, it should be safe to upload. During the final freeze, one should avoid packages in the supported seed too. An index of the current manifests is downloaded from UbuntuWire. OPTIONS
-b, --binary The packages specified are binary packages. This is faster than source packages, as otherwise we must query LP to determine the binary packages that every specified source package builds. -u URL, --data-url=URL URL for index of seeded packages. Default: UbuntuWire's service at http://qa.ubuntuwire.org/ubuntu-seeded-packages/seeded.json.gz. -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXAMPLES
All the images that contain unity: seeded-in-ubuntu -b unity AUTHORS
seeded-in-ubuntu and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools December 2011 seeded-in-ubuntu(1)