Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script takes too long to complete Post 302976286 by RudiC on Monday 27th of June 2016 12:30:12 PM
Old 06-27-2016
With the assumptions:
- not too many lines in "allpath.txt",
- not too many files found,
- bash being used,
wouldn't this do?
Code:
awk '
FNR == NR       {R[$1] = $2
                 next
                }
                {for (r in R) gsub (r, R[r])
                 print > (FILENAME ".new")
                }
' FS="=" alter.txt $(find $(< allpaths.txt) -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.class*" \))

You will have to rename the ".new" files afterwards.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a process that takes too long

Hello, I have a C program that takes anywhere from 5 to 100 arguments and I'd like to run it from a script that makes sure it doesnt take too long to execute. If the C program takes more than 5 seconds to execute, i would like the shell script to kill it and return a short message to the user. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WeezelDs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script takes long time to complete

Hi all, I wrote this shell script to validate filed numbers for input file. But it take forever to complete validation on a file. The average speed is like 9mins/MB. Can anyone tell me how to improve the performance of a shell script? Thanks (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozzman
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

<AIX>Problem in purge script, taking very very long time to complete 18.30hrs

Hi, I have here a script which is used to purge older files/directories based on defined purge period. The script consists of 45 find commands, where each command will need to traverse through more than a million directories. Therefore a single find command executes around 22-25 mins... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravicha
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time how long it takes to load a module

Hello, like the title says, how can i measure the time it takes to load a module in Linux, and how how can i measure the time it takes to load a statically compiled module. /Best Regards Olle ---------- Post updated at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:54 AM ---------- For... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollebanan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort takes a long time

Dear experts I have a 200MG text file in this format: text \tab number I try to sort using options -fd and it takes very long! is that normal or I can speed it up in some ways? I dont want to split the file since this one is already splitted. I use this command: sort -fd file >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: voolek
12 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

database takes long time to process

Hi, we currently having a issue where when we send jobs to the server for the application lawson, it is taking a very long time to complete. here are the last few lines of the database log. 2012-09-18-10.35.55.707279-240 E244403536A576 LEVEL: Warning PID : 950492 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techy1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget takes a long time to complete

Hi, I wish to check the return value for wget $url. However, some urls are designed to take 45 minutes or more to return. All i need to check if the URL can be reached or not using wget. How can i get wget to return the value in a few seconds ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command takes too long to complete

Hi, Below is my find command find /opt/app/websphere -name myfolder -perm -600 | wc -l At time it even takes 20 mins to complete. my OS is : SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5440 (10 Replies)
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command takes long

Hi, I am trying to search for a Directory called "mont" under a directory path "/opt/app/var/dumps" Although "mont" is in the very parent directory called "dumps" i.e "/opt/app/var/dumps/mont" and it can never be inside any Sub-Directory of "dumps"; my below find command which also checks... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for substring in a loop takes too long to complete.

I need to check if the files returned by ls command in the below script is a sub-string of the argument passed to the script i.e $1 The below script works fine but is too slow. If the ls command take 12 secs to complete printing all files with while loop then; using posix substring check... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)