Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Installing One Distribution Over Another Post 302976279 by Neo on Monday 27th of June 2016 11:04:47 AM
Old 06-27-2016
Better to install Ubuntu and reinstall your apps.

Cheers.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing

hey i want to install freebsd 5.1 but i ran into some problems i have a old cpu, i made boot disks from kern.flp and mfsboot.flp from the cd, and boot up, when i'm done and gonna install, it won't find the cd, then i tryed to installed with ftp, but i coulden't figure out how to do, i have a DHCP... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekizz
5 Replies

2. Linux

Help Installing RH.9

Yea, im having a little confusion towards installing red-hat using promise controllers. It was more easy with Windows cause it prompts me and i just press F6 at the beginning of the installation and then it gives me the list of the controllers i need (from a floppy). I tried using the noprobe on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyoist
5 Replies

3. Debian

installing X?

I just reformatted my computer because of a bad tip I and I installed only the base-system to add what I'd want later. My question is how/where can I get a good X-server for Debian? I'm so used to gnome and don't really like it and want to try something else. I heard about something called: Xfree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riwa
1 Replies

4. AIX

Installing TL/ML's

Question from an AIX noob -- I recently installed an AIX box with what I thought was recent 5.3 media. After the install it was at ML 5300-00. My question is, it seems as if each ML/TL needs to be installed prior to the next - which currently makes 6(?) updates. Am I missing something - is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tb0ne
4 Replies

5. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
byobu-launcher-install(1)					       byobu						 byobu-launcher-install(1)

NAME
byobu-launcher-install - Byobu Launcher installation utility SYNOPSIS
byobu-launcher-install [-n|--no-logout] DESCRIPTION
byobu-launcher-install(1) is a simple utilty that will add a line to your $HOME/.profile file which launches byobu(1) any time you login through ssh(1) or on a console(4). By default, when users detach from the byobu(1) session they will also logout. Users can change this behavior by adding the [-n|--no-logout] option when they run byobu-launcher-install(1). You can disable this behavior entirely at any time with the byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) utility. SEE ALSO
screen(1), byobu(1), ssh(1), console(4), byobu-launcher-uninstall(1) http://launchpad.net/byobu AUTHOR
This manpage and the utility were written by Dustin Kirkland <kirkland@ubuntu.com> for Ubuntu systems (but may be used by others). Permis- sion is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document and the utility under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 published by the Free Software Foundation. The complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL on Debian/Ubuntu systems, or in /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-*/GPL on Fedora systems, or on the web at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt. byobu 3 Jan 2010 byobu-launcher-install(1)