Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Is it possible to configure bonding over bonded interface in AIX? Post 302975831 by dukessd on Sunday 19th of June 2016 08:10:50 PM
Old 06-19-2016
What do you think?
Did you try?
What happened?
Are ent4 and 5 NIB or 802.3ad?
What do you want to know - we need details.............
This User Gave Thanks to dukessd For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Netdump over bonded interface ?

Netdump over bonded interface ? Hey there,.. I have heard from admins, that netdump usually fails over a bonded network interface. I have written a multi-OS checkdump script , which checks if the respective crashdump utility on corresponding OS is correctly configured, space is available,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to configure network interface card in OEL.

Hi I have installed OEL 4 on my dell XPS laptop. But when i connect the LAN cable and try to acesss internet. it does not work. the led's in the port do not blink when i plug in the cable .do i need some drivers please suggest. Thanks Ankur (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

3. AIX

Virtual interface on AIX

Hi, I am totally new to AIX. I would like to know how to create virtual interface on AIX machine. Thanks, Pooja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooja84k
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Configure floating IP on loopback interface

Hi All, I need to configure a floating IP on loopback interface of two servers (RHEL 5.4). After configuring, I'm not able to ping to that IP from a different server. I fail to understand what is missing here. I have done similar configuration in another environment & it works fine. Plz help.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_min
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Interface bonding / Link aggregation (Multiple)

Hello, I've been using mode 4 with four slaves, however looking at ifconfig showed that the traffic was not balanced correctly between the interfaces, the outgoing traffic has been alot higher on the last slave. Example: eth0 RX 123.2 GiB TX 22.5 GiB eth1 RX 84.8 GiB TX 8.3 GiB eth2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure network interface for Solaris 10

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on VMware7, When i used ifconfig -a to check network interface, it has shown lo0 as loopback interface. Please advise how to configure network interfaces using VMware. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Channel bonding Issue - Bond0 interface not getting up in on RHEL6

Hello, I am trying to set up Channel Bonding on a RHEL6 Virtual Box VM. I have 2 ethernet cards on the machine which are set up in Internal Network mode. I followed all the steps exactly as mentioned in the RHEL6 deployment Guide, but for some reason i think results are not correct. Here are my... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Is bond0 ready and a bonding interface? - 4G Bonding Router Problems (RPI)

HI all, First post on the forum, and my first proper project on the Paspberry Pi, so sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am trying to turn my Pi in to a 3G/4G Bonding router. I have been researching and trying this for a week or so now. The basic plan is to have up to 6 ZTE MF823 USB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elliottlc
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning ipv6 to bonding interface - getting old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig output

Hi, I have created a bonding bond1 interface with 6 Eth , mode=4. Recently i have changed my old ipv6 to new one and tried to restart as well as reload network service. Post which i can see old as well as changed ipv6 in ifconfig command output. Below are few files and command output for your... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
1 Replies
gnome-network-preferences(1)					   User Commands				      gnome-network-preferences(1)

NAME
gnome-network-preferences - configure GNOME network proxy SYNOPSIS
gnome-network-preferences [gnome-std-options] DESCRIPTION
The GNOME network proxy preference tool enables you to configure how your system connects to networks. You can configure the desktop to connect to a proxy server, and specify the details of the proxy server. A proxy server is a server that intercepts requests to another server, and fulfills the request itself, if it can. You can enter the Domain Name Service (DNS) name or the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the proxy server. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: gnome-std-options Standard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the gnome-network-preferences tool example% gnome-network-preferences EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-network-preferences Executable for gnome-network-preferences ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-prefs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-control-center(1) attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003, 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 09 Nov 2007 gnome-network-preferences(1)