Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple variables using awk and for loop for web form submission Post 302975151 by zorrox on Wednesday 8th of June 2016 08:12:52 PM
Old 06-08-2016
Thank you again.

Mr Scrutinizer codes have this error using Bash on Debian:
Code:
read: -A: invalid option
read: usage: read [-ers] [-a array] [-d delim] [-i text] [-n nchars] [-N nchars] [-p prompt] [-t timeout] [-u fd] [name ...]

Mr RudiC codes work so far.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop with multiple variables ?

I have a script which selects two 'sets' of system LVM device files from a tabular file 'mapfile' using awk : LIVELV=`awk '{print($1)}' mapfile` BCVLV=`awk '{print($3)}' mapfile` I wanted to pass these 'sets' into an LVM command 'loop' along the lines of : lvmerge $BCVLV $LIVELV ie.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosterian
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop with Multiple variables

Hi , I am trying to write a script in kshell with while loop ,its like count=1 count_cmp=1 while ; do tail -$count tempfile | head -1 > tempstring ....... done However i get CIF.sh: line 33: ' I have checked thetrailing spaces , not sure what is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit1_x
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple variables in for loop

hi, I want an equivalent for loop for this C code in unix shell script... for(int i,int j;i<5;i++,j++) { } Please reply soon Regards Navjot (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navjotsingh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use for/while loop with multiple variables?

Hi, I have two variables like below which will always be of the same size a=1:2:3 b=A:B:C I need to use a for/while loop that will have both the variables available. I cannot use an array here and will probably might iterate through the variable as echo $a | tr ':' '\n' and thus iterate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elizabeth H
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple variables to be passed in a loop

Hi, I need to pass the multiple values of src1 to another variable. I managed to print it but not sure how to assign it to a variable in a loop. src1=01,02,03 echo $src1|awk 'BEGIN {FS=","} {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) print $i}' I need to pass the value as src2=01 src2=02 src2=03 Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading multiple variables in a loop

Hi, I managed to read and print variable as shown in the below code. table_name=table1,table2,table3 i=0 IFS="," for i in $table_name do echo $i done Is there a way how I can read more than one variable. For example I need to read 2 variables and populate the output... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with multiple delimited variables

hi, i need a portion in a audit logging shell script where i have to loop thru multiple variables. I need some help in accomplishing this. i have 3 variables var1=1,23,234 var2=a,ab,xyz var3=0,0,0 the variables will have variables number of values but same length.(3 in this case ) i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rock1
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Displaying multiple variables in for loop

Hi! I've run into a problem where my variables are displayed in the wrong order. Basically I'm supposed to use a file that has information like this username:firstname:lastname:etc:etc. What I'm interested in doing is reformating it into a something more like this: username lastname,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reindeermountai
2 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)