Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract UNIX data to excel
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract UNIX data to excel Post 302975007 by Jewel on Tuesday 7th of June 2016 04:49:14 AM
Old 06-07-2016
Hi,

you just save the comma separated output in .CSV file and try to open in windows platform.

Thanks,
jewel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data using UNIX shell script?

Hello All, I am starting with UNIX. Any help is highly appreciated. How to extract data using UNIX shell script? And how do you export data using UNIX shell scripts into Microsoft Excel format? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: desiondarun
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to read the data from an excel sheet and use those data as variable in the unix c

I have 3 columns in an excel sheet. c1 c2 c3 EIP_ACCOUNT SMALL_TS_01 select A.* from acc; All the above 3 col shoud be passed a variable in the unix code. 1.How to read an excel file 2.How to pass these data as variable to the unic script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Grace
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on email data file as excel from unix!!

Hi, I need to email a data in excel sheet from unix using shell scripting.I could able to generate the data file with tab delimiter with extension .xls could able to email it. The problem is when a coulmn with 16 digit number is exported, it is showing in scientific format. Any help in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX -> send data as excel in seperate cells

Hi I have a data file in UNIX as follows. I need to send this file in Mail as excel format. but the problem i face is i get the data all in single cells per row. what can i do to get the data in seperate cells. File -> attachment.xls data data data data data1 data1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data into excel from a database in unix

Hello viewers, I am connecting to db2 database from unix. I am executing a query for example select * from emp. I need to export the data obtained from the above command to a excel file. Could you please suggest how to proceed on this? thanks and regards, k.n.v.santosh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshaarudhra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write text file data to excel using UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I have the requirement in unix shell script. I want to write the "ls -ltr" command out put to excel file as below. Input :text file data : drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x 2 apx aim 4096 Nov 29 18:40 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Load UNIX data into excel sheet

Hi, i have some data in a temporary file in Unix (the data is taken from the result of an SQL query). Now i want to dump that data into an excel sheet. How to do that. Someone please advise. Thanks Regards, Vinit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinit raj
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX data to be updated to ms excel sheet

hi, i wanted to add unix data to be updated to the excel sheet. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract UNIX output to excel CSV file?

Hi guys - I have a file and output like this below: File: myfile.dat File has content like this: ABCD, 34, 456, 2324 I would like excel to have this: Name (ABCD) Quantity (34), Type (456), Status (2324) (Name, Quantity, Type and Status are columns) I would like to export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies
jfs_fscklog(8)						   Extract/Display JFS fsck Log 					    jfs_fscklog(8)

NAME
jfs_fscklog - extract a JFS fsck service log into a file and/or format and display the extracted file SYNOPSIS
jfs_fscklog [ -d ] [ -e device ] [ -f output.file ] [ -p ] [ -V ] DESCRIPTION
jfs_fscklog with option -e device extracts the contents of either the most recent or immediately prior (specified with option -p) JFS fsck service log from the specified device, and writes the output to a file. The file name may be specified with the -f option, or the default file name is <pwd>fscklog.new. If the -p option is used, the default file name is <pwd>fscklog.old. jfs_fscklog with option -d formats and displays the contents of the extracted file. jfs_fscklog with options -d and -e device extracts and displays the JFS fsck service log. OPTIONS
-d Format and display a previously extracted JFS fsck service log. -e device Extract the JFS fsck service log from device and store it in a file. (device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device from which the fsck log will be extracted (e.g. /dev/hdb1 )). -f file.name Specify the file name, overriding the default file name. When used with -e device, file.name specifies the name of the file into which the JFS fsck log will be extracted. When used with -d, file.name specifies the name of the extracted file whose contents will be formatted and displayed. file.name must be 127 characters or less in length. file.name will be created in the present working directory unless it is fully qualified. -p Extract the prior log (as opposed to the most recent log). -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Extract the most recent JFS fsck log on /dev/hda5 into <pwd>fscklog.new: jfs_fscklog -e /dev/hda5 Extract the most recent JFS fsck log on /dev/hdb3 into /temp/l9651107.log: jfs_fscklog -e /dev/hdb3 -f /temp/l9651107.log Display the JFS fsck log that was extracted into /temp/l9651107.log: jfs_fscklog -d -f /temp/l9651107.log Extract and display the previous JFS fsck log from /dev/hda8: jfs_fscklog -e /dev/hda8 -d -p REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_fscklog, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible, including any jfs_fscklog error messages and the complete output of running jfs_fsck with the -v option on the JFS device. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_tune(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHOR
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) jfs_fscklog is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 28, 2002 jfs_fscklog(8)