Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script to create runtime variables based on the number of parameters passed in the script Post 302974843 by dev.devil.1983 on Saturday 4th of June 2016 03:43:32 PM
Old 06-04-2016
Thanks Rudic, worked for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of parameters to a shell script

Is there any restriction on number of parameters can be passed on to the shell script? I found, after 9th parameter for parameter 10, it is taking parameter 1. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script not able to take parameters passed to it

when I pass any 2 parameters it always says: Number of parameters passed: 1 and the job_name as x Can some body help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with script not able to take parameters passed to it

debug output: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ksh: verifying number of parameters passed

hi all, i have a ksh script that takes up to 3 parameters -- only 2 of which are required. what's the simplest way to check if the user passed 2 or 3 parameters? if 3 parameters are not null then do this elif 2 parameters are not null then do this else echo "you need at least 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankimo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling 'n' number of shell scripts based on dependency in one shell script.

Hello gurus, I have three korn shell script 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. I would like to call three shell script in one shell script. i m looking for something like this call 3.1; If 3.1 = "complete" then call 3.2; if 3.2 = ''COMPlete" then call 3.3; else exit The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi369
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a shell script for write files with 2 parameters

Hello, I'm a newbie in shell script. So, i would like to create a shell script which take 2 IN parameters (PARAM1 and PARAM2). This script need to create 2 files as : I need to create this file /etc/apache2/sites-available/PARAM2 : <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "/home/PARAM1/www"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatlumo
0 Replies

8. Programming

create a spool file based on values passed from korn shell to sql script

this is my issue. 4 parameters are passed from korn shell to sql script. parameter_1= varchar2 datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_2= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_3= number datatype or no value entered my user. parameter_4= number datatype or no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Three parameters passed from a script to other at different time

nothing (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikha84
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting number of argument passed to a shell script

Hi Experts, I have been trying to work on a simple shell script that will just add the two argument passed to it. Here is what i tried : #!/bin/bash welcome(){ echo "Welcome to this Progg. which will accept two parameter" } main_logic(){ arg=$# echo "Number of argument passed is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
4 Replies
syscallbysysc.d(1m)						   USER COMMANDS					       syscallbysysc.d(1m)

NAME
syscallbysysc.d - syscalls by syscall. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
syscallbysysc.d DESCRIPTION
syscallbysysc.d is a DTrace OneLiner to a report of the number of each type of system call made. This is useful to identify which system call is the most common. Docs/oneliners.txt and Docs/Examples/oneliners_examples.txt in the DTraceToolkit contain this as a oneliner that can be cut-n-paste to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # syscallbysysc.d FIELDS
first field This is the system call type. Most have man pages in section 2. second field This is the count, the number of occurrances for this system call. DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
syscallbysysc.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
procsystime(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 May 15, 2005 syscallbysysc.d(1m)